Terminal - Reactor

Started by Shellshaka, March 04, 2009, 10:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacred Virgo

I've probably bored you to death with my previous ambient releases, so here is a more upbeat track. I'm not completely sure if this is the correct category. I'm not even sure about the genre of this song, i consider it some kind of big beat, but please feel free to correct m if you know a more specific definition.

so this is track 4 of my 8th album, Ultimaelectrica. it was started in 2003 and finished in 2008.

my first source of inspiration for this song was 'loops of fury' by the chemical bros. another source of inspiration was the entire experience of playing the wipeout 2097/XL game.

my opinion: i think this song is nicely produced. i am particularly proud of the ending section. the bass and the beats are ridicolously huge and galvanizing. however the song is probably a bit too long (especially in the opening) and repetitive (but that's probably a typical characteristic of the genre itself). so what do you think about it?

DJ Ryznup

This is the first track of yours that I've had a chance to listen to, so I didn't know what to expect since I never had a chance to listen to your ambient music. But that was an awesome song. I'm kind of a fan of Big beat and the beats in this are huge as you said, with cool synthasized sounds. I really liked the buildup at the begining, it was a little long, but it kinda made the begining suspensful.

I'll look forward to more of your work and I'll try to check out your already uploaded songs.
Great work.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

DarkBliss

I`m a HUGE fan of The Chemical Brothers and I love Loops Of Fury so I`m looking forward to this.

Wow, nice build up...kicked in now, I can definitely hear the Loops Of Fury influence, some seriously cool bass and kicks.

Brilliant work mate, the only thing I could suggest is maybe reducing the reverb a little?

All in all an excellent tune due, can`t wait to hear more!  :)
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435