The first Happy Hardcore song ever made on MTV Music Generator 3 (in history?)

Started by DJ Omnimaga, July 06, 2008, 08:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok I was bored tonight and decided to attempt something that I and most other people probably thought as impossible: an happy hardcore track on MTVMG3! This didn't took long to make but I managed to edit the kick sample channel to add some effects and other stuff. Some premade riffs were used for the intro beat and Drum N Bass beat in some part of the song, but the rest of the beat is custom riffs. The song says 90 BPM in MTVMG3 but in reality it's 180 BPM.

Because I started my song from a rap artist samples in the game the BPM is quite weird. It goes like gabba/gabber for some reason, so this kinda limited me but I managed to make something quite different this way.

And I LOVE that piano sample. I think I am gonna burn it on a CD and use it in MTVMG2 lol (since I don't have the USB sampler).

Casper AudioGhost

great song omnimaga! very inventive programing,you found a way.you obviously know what you are doing.like i have said before:never let snobby people tell you your methods are wrong,prove THEM wrong!and you do prove the snobby people wrong over and over,keep rocking it                                          casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

pillagemyvillage

one thing you notice straight away with mtvmg3 is the sample quality.
sounds so good... so can you make your own riffs then?
;D im lovin this! im practically rocking off my chair!!!  :D
this sounds so pro, like im imagining this in a club.
blast ive said it before, but why cant mtvmg2 have music 3000 or mtvmg3 samples!
maybe ive been to harsh with mtvmg3... if you can make your own riffs, then maybe its great!
anyway this track is making me want another go!
absolutly loving it!!!!!  :D :D :D

DJ_Omnimaga

In MTVMG3 you can only create 20 of your own melody riffs per songs, and they can only be one bar long. You can also have an additional 20 custom beatbox riffs (for drum/percussions) that are also one bar long. But there's only 3 octaves in melody editior and each octaves limits you to 5 samples (which are different for each octaves), not to mention only one sample per octave can be used at once. For beatbox it's the same thing, altough you can't even change the pitch. So limited o.O

pillagemyvillage

oh i see.
i guess i was too harsh but still, sounds like its better of in the shop than in my playstation!
anyway great work for this tune, inspiring to all those mtvmg3 users who only use premade.

DJ_Omnimaga

well for me it still gets its 4/10 score (compared to 8/10 with both MTVMG2/Music 3000 and 9/10 for MTVMG1) as a music production tool. I wouldn't want to use it regulary. It was still fun to see how far I could push it though :)