Started by 147 crew, June 20, 2008, 11:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

EDIT- NEW MP3 available further down the posts- TIMGUL Nation 32 Days Later

TITLE- The TIMGUL Nation VOL.1
AUTHOR- 147 crew
FILETYPE- mp3
PROGRAMME USED- MUSIC2000 on psONE
DESCRIPTION- Having a go at making various types of MUSIC,(Dnb/Trance/Techno etc.) All inspired by the TIMGUL Nation, hence the title..this one is my pure Dnb effort..other Titles i.e VOL.2 is kinda trance,(also available.) VOL.3 in the making..sample can be found in The TIMGUL Megamix on my FACEBOOK page..more info further down these posts..hope you enjoy  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

i like the basssample a lot ^^ the first one is good too though, and nice tune :), I would increase the percussion a bit though. Don't increase the hihats too much though :)

147 crew

Cool, cheers..listening back at a reasonable hour, the BASS needs to be more defined. Will no doubt be a totally different tune in the end

DJ_Omnimaga

btw did u tried with reverb in the bass? I wonder how it would sound

147 crew

i'm still not understanding that, it's the (o) box right,(you paste a bar at the bottom?)..reading pillage explanation of strings but I notice no difference in my bass notes?

147 crew

Updated or tweaked the bass to give more effect, is that what you mean?

tweaked for 16 bars then the original to the end

DJ_Omnimaga

Note, to access the note effects you need to press R1 while on a note or while selecting an area. Note, never select notes from right to left, always do it from left to right, because then the parameters won't save. It's an annoying Music 2000 bug x.x

EDIT: Note, default parameters might be nice enough for reverb. You can always change them if you desire though. if you ever make a trance song with lot of strings set it to Space at 40%.

147 crew

Carry on for the NEW mp3 of TIMGUL Nation VOL.1

DJ_Omnimaga

Sounds nice :), if it is too deep when you add it to your entire song try reducing the depth to 30 or 40

147 crew

so the note repeat (RED/YELLOW) is reverb?? Yeah sample is quite large,(Volume.) will definitely need to play around with it.. CHEERS BUDDY!!!  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah red is normal note and yellow reverb enabled. I like it, I hated it in Music 3000 how there was no way to enable reverb only for some notes like in Music 2000 and MTVMG2

147 crew

ah ok, I get it. If you edit the reverb setting on main screen,(yr 1st pic.) Does that set the tone for the entire song? I thought the yellow setting was echo, always seemed to be too overpowering. Guess I will fiddle about with it. Hopefully upload NEW tune tomorrow + add some more mp3. Cheers for yr help  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah it sets the tone for the entire song. Notice the change for each yellow notes after you edit reverb settings. If it's too overpowering I recommend reducing depth a bit or changing it to other kind of reverbs. I can,t wait to hear your new songs.

I am wondering how to setup the echo reverb so it sounds like SNES RPG music? I might mess a bit more with this in the future

147 crew

yeah, I can't wait to try and put this into effect in other tracks. gonna be a long night  :D

147 crew

YAWN  :D Quick note...I have created The TIMGUL Nation VOL.2 before VOL.1

VOL.1 I hope to be pure Dnb, HARD BASS with bangin' percussion but I haven't gotten any further than the SAMPLE TUNE above. BUT I think the 2nd VOL is ready now, more of a techno/Dnb beat with some nice BASS and Harmonies..upload tomorrow or the next day as I definitely wanna pump this out as loads of reverb, loads of samples used..bound to be something that needs changing  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

147 crew

Well after 32 days I finally made something I think worthy of a TIMGUL Nation tune, Here it is..remixed onto the end of Tune of Doom,(my reworked edition.) This is a tune inspired by The Taxman "Scan Darker" Heard this tune randomnly on YT and based my tune on the same melody..

Used quite a lot of Melodies- Static synth,minortink,sinebassone,harmoniq,bowow buzzbass,BUZZER,dancer,drama,flatt and there is lots of reverb/Big Bass with Alien

Basically went through the Synth list 'til my memory was full  :D

Check out my updated Tune of Doom, will add that on its own along with FULL mix on my Facebook player 10m50secs

JUST ADDED- Creating the 3rd in the TIMGUL Nation series, remixed on the end of the 1st one..only available on FACEBOOK for the time being, due to the fact its included in the 10minute mix of Tune of Doom
11m34secs..gonna carry it on now. VOL.1 Tance/Techno/Dnb VOL2. Dnb VOL3. House?

Down to 132bpm. Should be around 3-4mins when finished

147 crew

Forgot to say it doesn't include my original sample thats available at the top of the post. Still have it on a different file, might make something new with that.

Recorded a 2 Channel version in Audacity also..might sound better

DJ_Omnimaga

this is nice as always :), nice percussion and I like the dark parts

147 crew

Yeah Dark is always good, I reckon i'll give this tune its own file so I can add more melodies as I ran out of memory. Afterall I only got as far as F

Cheers for the comment!!!