Synthetic

Started by iku, February 27, 2008, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iku

Artist: iku
Title: Synthetic
Year: 2005
Comments: electro pop with the flavour of the 80`s. My favourite combination.
Hope you like it. Enjoy ;)  
...let the music flow through your vains...

DJ_Omnimaga

Nice :)

the beginning reminds me a dance song that played in clubs or on radio around 2001-2002

iku

Thanx. Do you know the name of that song?
Can you tell me what do you like the most on Synthetic?

DJ_Omnimaga

sry I dont remember the song name :( I remember it was extremly commercial though, and it still play today sometimes. Girls liked it a lot here

iku

Neither the name of artist? I would like to compare ;) .

pillagemyvillage

im lovin the bass at the start.
a really well constructed piece!
excellent percussion.
nice melody in latter parts.
sometimes i hear music on this site and think it wouldnt be out of place on radio 1's in new music we trust. this track is no different.
top work i look forward to hearing more from you  :D  

147 crew

At the start of the tune the 1st couple of notes reminds of "I just can't get you out of my head" by KYLIE..liking the effects lots..very funky!!

pillagemyvillage

yeah thats it! kylie is what the start reminds me of!

iku

Thank you guys for your replies. I am very glad you like my song B) .

I like Kylie`s hit Can`t Get You Out Of My Head, I think it is her best song ever.
Maybe, this is the song DJ Omnimaga was thinking of :lol: .

Well you are right, there are some similar notes especially at the start but chords, melody and whole structure of Synthetic are different B).
In my opinion, this bass line is typical for many 80`s electro songs and I am sure that Kylie and her team were inspired by this 80`s sound.

147 crew

Nah that song sucked..major..she should have stayed singing cheese and looking cute not jumping on the bandwagon with the dance tunes..your song is very different, definitely a good thing!!

DJ_Omnimaga

Ooooh riiight this is the song I was talking about. I hate how on radio sometimes they won't tell the artist/name.

Yes this song was so commercial, I liked it for like the two first times I listened to it but I got bored of it. Iku song sounds better even if there's no lyrics like the Kylie song

iku

Oh, thanx to all for your kind words. I appreciate.

I forgot to mention, that this song was created by using the music 2000. It is the only software I use. B)

Gruvenheimer

Dude, that's the Cure!

Let's go to Bed...

"you think you're tired now, wait until 3..."

Frickin awesome. Very club worthy!   B)  
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

iku

Thank you Gruvenheimer.

Anyway, I don`t listen to their music, I know only a few of their songs. I have never heard Let`s Go To Bed. It seems to be a really old song.

...I have just checked it on youtube and... ...oh my god, something similar in the part as they go doo doo doo, doo doo doo...
Mainly it is similar to Synthetic because of the 80`s sound. ;) Don`t forget. :D