Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Alternative title: "FUCKING DRAGON WON'T FUCKING DIE"

Song name: Super Metroid - Ridley Theme [remix]
File type: YouTube, mp3 (MediaFire)
Length: 2:46
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:
Not gonna lie: I love this theme. Maybe it's because it's so dynamic with its time signature (in that it goes between 5/8, 15/8, 6/8 and practically barely touches 4/4 - something I like), maybe because it's so intense.. No idea.
(although out of all the versions I've heard, Other M's rendition is my favourite)

The one thing I'm proud of the most in this mix is one of the two break sections in this song (0:44, 1:22, 2:02) where the time signature goes from 4/8* in one bar, but the bar afterwards is in 3/8.. yet is still 4 beats long, thanks to a little bit of tempo changing. That's why you see the BPM counter "glitch about" on those particular bars - it speeds up from 250BPM to 450BPM for 1 bar, before reverting back to 250BPM.
(*well, 4/4 really, but I had to double up the tempo to 250BPM because the time signature is so dynamic)

I was going to mix Mother Brain's theme into this, but I decided not to, due to 1), not being too sure where the two could interchange and 2) a guy by the name of DM DOKURO did it a lot better than I would've. Maybe another time, eh? ;) (I've already been learning the two on my guitar and can play them quite well.. if not a little sloppy sounding due to how GODDAMN FAST they are)

MP3 DOWNLAOD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?g8vck6bt2jrkzp8

Semi-related, I really gotta stop using the Choral/Alternate samples - it's almost becoming cliché of me. :-/

(Ironically, I've never actually played a Metroid game. Shame on me, huh?)

DJ_Omnimaga

I like this, especially after 1:12. I was a big fan of that Metroid song. :D

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I've never played the game nor have I heard the theme before (I don't think)

But I love how just dynamic it is with the timings (ever since you done Periphery , I've been listening more an more to them. )
Everything here though is just well done , no faults I can bring up. If it was'nt actually a cover I'd say it was ready to be used in a
Game.

Nice work.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

EPIC EPIC EP-IC!!!  damn dis sounds fuckin amazing.  i fuckin love da structure of dis track (especially those parts where the song stops, a tune plays, then it starts back again.)  killer song.

.:DJ Droppin:.

Dude... pretty much SPOT on.... brings back some memories where I used to play video games ALL the friggin time Lol
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

crimzon doom

man this is one of my all time favorite games!!!........and i have to say this track is very good ...spot on......i really want to do a remix of the battle theme when you fight mother brain when she turns into a big chicken!!!lol and shoots lazers out of her eyeballs. ah the memories!
\\\\\\\"citius altius fortius\\\\\\\"