Have a Break [Slowjammer, Trip Hop] -Demo-

Started by J-MACHine, December 28, 2010, 06:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Still a W.I.P, but i've got the main elements of the track down. I just need to extend it a bit, and put a bit more meat on it's bones with some more riffs and melody. I was going for a chillout vibe similar to a mixture between Akira Yamaoka's 'Silent Hill' works, or Masafumi Takada's 'Killer7' stuff, with a little phase-1-Gorillaz flavor on top.
'
Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Nice drums. I like the moody atmospheric pad behind the chords at the start...really reminiscent of trip hop.
What made me smile was that this was immediately followed, on my iTunes, by DJ Shadow's "What Does Your Soul Look Like? - part 1, blue sky revisit" - a nice mix that I can imagine would be even better with the finalised version of your tune.

J-MACHine

Hahaha, ta verymuch, RS! Hopefully i'll get back to finishing this beast in the near future.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Fear 2 Stop®

Nice start so far...some interesting chord choices at the beginning...almost clashing, but not. Love the beat when it kicks in! It does distort a bit, which might be intentional, might not...that said, I suggest cleaning it up a bit. That said, good start so far...I wanna hear it finished!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop