Last Temple - Zelda II: The Adventures of Link

Started by Beoulve, October 12, 2008, 03:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beoulve

This is a cover version/remix of the last temple theme from Zelda II. The sound quality is pretty crappy and theres too much reverb going on. I still like it though.

DarkBliss

I adore the Legend Of Zelda games, they`re my favourite game series of all time, I bought a Wii just so I could play Twighlight Princess and download the old Zelda games.
Zelda 2 is the only one I have yet to complete. It`s hard!

Since I haven`t been to the last temple in Zelda 2 I`m not familiar with the theme tune but this sounds very Zelda-ish and I`d imagine it improves on the original theme.

I noticed you said you didn`t have enough talent to produce video game soundtracks in one of your other posts but I have to disagree with you, this is brilliant.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Beoulve

Thank you for the encouragement and the comments! :) I guess what I lack is knowledge and experience. I have basic knowledge about creating music, but to get into the professional market you need more than that. Though I love music, I have put my effort into visual arts and I'm hoping to eventually get a carreer in that field. Music is "just" a very enjoyable hobby. Anyway, Zelda 2 is my favorite game for the NES and also sports one of my favorite soundtracks of all time! I have created a remix of the normal temple theme as well that I will upload now. Again, thanks for the comments!

DJ_Omnimaga

I loved the music in this game, you makes it even better now. Btw I think the sound quality is quite good, at least as good as most tracks here. Nice job in this song, I have yet to beat this game, I never got to beat the first boss in the last temple (a blue flying thing I think), for some reasons half of the time even if I hit at the right place it still doesn't do anything, the collision detection seems broken in the game at some points, heck, sometimes enemies goes through walls lol. Still fun, though, it's one of my favourite Zelda game, because of the RPG level up system.

Beoulve

There were a lot of bugs in this game, I love the "I am error" guy, LOL. I never finished this game either, but I downloaded the soundtrack and really loved this theme.

.:DJ Droppin:.

Maybe it's just me, but the added reverb gives is a better feel. I think it is more realistic and I feel like I'm really actually playing the game as the entire theme surrounds me better than if there was less/no reverb.
Another beautiful composition.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Beoulve

Thank you! I am quite torn about the reverb. I personally like the deep sound it creates, but more professional music producers have been flaming my style and made some very harsh comments about my style.

DJ_Omnimaga

Well personally I like to hear different stuff, and if it sounds good I think it's fine if the reverb isn't the same