Pyroxene - Star Ocean: The Second Story

Started by Beoulve, October 13, 2008, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beoulve

A remix of "Pyroxene" from Star Ocean 2 composed by the brilliant Motoi Sakuraba.

DJ_Omnimaga

OMG My favourite PS1 game besides MTVMG1, I loved the music in it, especially the Final Boss music, The Euleria Tower music, Gabriel Celeste/Cyrill music and the first mine music, they were my favourite, but almost all music in the game was awesome.

Awesome remix you did here, so awesome, much better than the original. I wish I could manage to make good video game music like this, I just can't find the good samples and reverb settings for melody and bassline :(

(and I should really start my Ashton-only run in Universe one day, beating Iselia Queen is starting to get boring when I can beat her with only Rena)

Beoulve

Motoi Sakuraba is such a fantastic composer, and all of his songs are really rich and deep in the production. The Star Ocean 2 and Valkyrie Profile soundtracks are probably my favorites by him.

I only played through this game once though, and I never tried the Iselia Queen sidequest, I've only seen videos of it on youtube.

Glad you like this remix btw :)

JulianNachash

Great track.  Those hi-hats are insane!  I'm not familiar with the music or the games you're referring to, but this is a very nice track to listen to.  Makes you feel like you're already in a game.
------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."
------------------------------------

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/

.:DJ Droppin:.

Exceptional. You really created a lot of melodies overlaying each other with a great amount of panning/reverb for good separation. This reminds me of a level where a great amount of traveling is done through a vast forest.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Beoulve

Quote from: BlondeJustice on September 26, 2009, 10:52:05 PM
The main melody is almost like a much faster version of the melody from 'Enclosure' from the Metal Gear Solid score. A fantastic piece as always from Beoulve.

I must stress that this is a remix, and not an original composition (even though I wish it was!), so props should go to Motoi Sakuraba. I only arranged and made a few alterations to Sakuraba's fantastic track from SO: The Second Story.