Superstar Hero (Japaneese adventure/RPG fast music à la Ys/Star Ocean)

Started by DJ Omnimaga, October 14, 2008, 09:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok Beoulve really inspired me to give game style music another try again. After failing many times before, I think I finally got the right sound this time. Of course I'm still unsure how he manage to add such deepness in his songs, especially songs like the Star Ocean II cover he did, so it might not be as great as his songs. However I managed to at least get the sound I wanted for the first time in years. If you played Ys series (Ys Book I & II, Ys III: Wanderers From Ys, Ys 4: Mask Of The Sun/(Dawn Of Ys?), Ys 5, Ys: Oath of Felgana, The Ark Of Napisthim and several remakes of the old ones) on the NES, PCEngine, Turbografx-16, SNES and Playstation 2 it is similar music to these games, it also have a bit of a Star Ocean feel into it, but not as deep. I could maybe say it also have lot of similarity to Tales Of Phantasia. Anyway this is the first song I ever upload outside the EDM sections of this forum and also the first non-EDM song I ever did with Music 2000/MTV Music Generator. It took me about 5 hours I think. It would really fit in a manga style RPG intro or action-rpg where you move fast.

This song is an example of the kind of video game music I like. In fact, the PCEngine/Turbografx-16 versions of Ys I & II are my favourite video game music so far. The only time I ever used a Nintendo Wii was to play this old game, bought on the Virtual Console. Anyway I hope you enjoy :)

DarkBliss

Ah yes, I see what you mean, this would definitely suit some sort of manga style RPG.

Superb production values in this Omni, you should do more videogame soundtracks because this is brilliant.  :)
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Beoulve

This really reminds me of Motoi Sakuraba (one of my top 5 videogame composers). You've done a fantastic job on this one! Reminds me of Tales of Destiny. Great melody and intensity. By the way, what sample did you use for the main melody? I would love if you made more music like this (in addition to your dance music of course, because those tracks are amazing as well)! I'm so happy I found this forum, finally I can talk, post and comment on music that I love but nobody else I know understands and that is made with my favorite software/game ever!

Beoulve

Also, I could share some tricks to how I make the "deep" sound if you like, I just need some time to do it. It's not a sound that proffesionals like though, that's why I'm usually putting myself down when posting music with that sound. But, I love that sound, and you have inspired me to continue making music like that! :)

DJ_Omnimaga

deep ep c3 at 11 KHz for the left channel and  Synth Pad 22 Khz for the right channel are the samples I use. the riff copy using the Deep ep c3 sample are at 25% volume and the riff using Synth pad is at 60%. I hope this helps

Glad you liked it btw :)

This song is actually inspired a lot from the Ys Book II intro: .

Casper AudioGhost

wow this really reminds me of my sega days and psx games like mega man legends and such,you and the others are so good i often feel inferior,but i guess it takes all styles to make a forum.great track omni        casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

JulianNachash

Oh yes, a great track.  I could see this working in several scenarios.  The intro sounds very much like something from NIN's Pretty Hate Machine.  And the melodies are exceptionally catchy.  Marvelous work.
------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."
------------------------------------

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/