Collab (?) - Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga" TIMGUL Remix

Started by Not a Number, February 23, 2009, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Around mid-May, Omni showed us this little gem that had been floating around the internet:

The song itself, Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga", is a 10-and-a-half-minute-mashup of various Japanese anime- and video game-themes.
Here is a table of all 33 songs in Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga":

#
Time
(mm ss)
00 00
00 45
01 14
01 25
01 37
02 00
02 20
02 31
02 42
02 52
03 16
03 35
03 44
04 07
04 31
04 53
05 40
06 42
07 07
07 28
07 44
08 06
08 15
08 27
08 35
08 51
08 58
09 08
09 21
09 29
09 54
09 56
10 03
Song title
Agent Yoru o Iku
Hare Hare Yukai
Kanbu de Tomatte Sugu Tokete ~ Kyouki no Udongein
Help Me, Erinnnnn!!
nowhere
Critias no Kiba
GONG
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Butterfly
Makka na Chikai
Airman go Taosenai
Yuuki vs. Iji
Uninstall
Tori no Uta
you
Marisa Stole The Precious Thing
Wily Stage 1
God Knows...
Motteke! Sailor Fuku
Gacha Gacha Hertz
Genesis of Aquarion
Futari no Mojipittan
Tsurupettan
Here We Go!
true my heart
kiss my lips
RODEO MACHINE
Overture (Dragon Quest)
FINAL FANTASY
Gacha Gacha Cu~te
You are the Prince of Tennis
Let's Go! Onmyouji
Sakura

Source
THE IDOLM@STER
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Touhou Prjoect
Touhou Project
MADLAX
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters BGM
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
Super Mario RPG
Digimon Adventure
Busou Renkin
Megaman 2
Musical: Prince of Tennis
Bokurano
Air
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Touhou Project
Megaman 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Lucky Star
Figu@Carnival
Genesis of Aquarion
Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan
Touhou
Super Mario World
Nursery Rhyme
Sakura Saori
HALFBY
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy
Figu@Mate
Musical: Prince of Tennis
Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Bonno Kaiho
folk song
List taken from KumikyokuWiki. Times are approximations.
you have no idea how goddamn frustrating it was to get that table right

I had originally thought of remixing it myself, but I realised that this would be impossible as I'd run out of riffs before I'd even reach halfway (even with my DragonForce remix, most of the riffs was the "solo" section), so a couple days ago, what with the Quade/Pillage TIMGUL Mix on the horizon, I thought to myself "why not have another collab mix?" and decided that it could be one huge TIMGUL-collab-remix!

If you want to take part in this, here's some things I'd like to clarify:
The original Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga" is at 180 BPM. I'd like it this to the be the same for the TIMGUL Collab Remix. Of course, Music 2000's tempo's a little off, but it's barely noticeable.
With some of the sections being a few sections long, you can do adjacent sections (for example... sections 19 through to 24 as one track).
You choose the style that it's remixed in; it'd be great if this was as musically diverse as can be; so pieces in rock/metal, pop, dance, trance, DnB, the lot!
Also, obviously, as it's a TIMGUL Remix, It has to be made in software from the MUSIC/MTVMG series.

You can "reserve" sections that you want to remix, but if one or more people have the same bit reserved (let's say, User A wants to do #5-10 but User B wants to do #10-14), that's no problem; (using the example: so long as User A does one part of #10 (like, I dunno, the drums only) and the User B does that rest. This "overlap" would be great as it would serve some form of transition between one user's piece of the remix to the next. An maximum overlap of about 2 sections would be best.
I'll write up a second list of the sections below which I'll edit everytime someone reserves a section:

KEY:
Not reserved, available for remixing
Finished!
RESERVED
Reserved, but acts as an overlap.

01 -
02 -
03 -
04 -
05 -
06 -
07 -
08 -
09 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
27 -
28 -
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 -

Once you've finished the section(s) you've reserved, simply email them to me at flappy <DOT> thirteen <AT> googlemail <DOT> com and I'll compile them all up. Once all 33 sections are remixed, I'll post it up in a new topic for all to se-I mean, listen!
NOTE:
When submitting your completed sections, save the mp3 as "<starting section> - <ending section>.mp3" and tag it as your normal artist name (Don't worry about the album name, it's all going under one track afterwards. ;)) (for example, "03 - 05.mp3")

Oh one last thing; these'll help you loads:
mp3 of Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga".
MIDI file of Kumikyoku "Nico Nico Douga". Open this up in something like FL Studio/Reason/whatever program can open MIDI files and lets you see the notes and use this as a reference. NOTE: it only has the main melody and what I think is either the strings/chord or bass. Any other backing melody that's in the MP3 but not the MIDI you'll have to figure out, I'm afraid; that MIDI file's the "full version".

So who's up for this?

(maybe this will help me get out my creative slump :P)

DJ Ryznup

Cool idea, love experimental projects and this sounds like fun. I would like to take part in this if it ever gets started.
And if it does, I call dibs on 'Folk' Song by Sakura  ;) LOL

I'm not quite experienced with MG yet, to recreate most of these songs, but I'll probably choose another section for fun later if most people decide to do this just to experiment with some of these styles. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

DJ_Omnimaga

Sounds awesome, but I didn't knew there was a riff limit in Music 2000? I often have like 300-400 in MTVMG before I do a "Remove Unused Riffs". Or did you mean sound memory for samples or the 24 channels limitation?