A.R. - Instrumental + Full Version

Started by Symphony, February 26, 2009, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symphony

Heyo,

and another track of the unfinished mixtape!  :)

This time it is "A.R.", what stands for "Alphabeat Rap" (normally A.R. stands for "Alphabet Rap"; the name of the independent rap label of my friends and me).

Note:
- Instrumental: A.R. (Alphabeat Rap)
- Full version with german (battle-rap) lyrics: A.R. (the bigger file  ;))

As with all the tracks of the never finished mixtape I had quite a struggle with finding good lyrics. I came up with three different versions. The first one was a pure self-praise and didn't contain any good message; the second one was much better but a bit rough, though I liked almost every rhyme and the third one was by far the best, because it contained a message and was based on history (dealt with foreign prejudices towards german people because of their past; WWII). However I had to rebuild my computer (reformat drives) and forgot to backup the new lyrics... >:(   

Well, I recorded the old lyrics (the second try), so if you want it (what I doubt cause it is german rap and besides that it is a bit rough I think you will hardly understand a word) I will upload it, too.

For now, I hope you enjoy the improved instrumental that I had originally made for the third version of lyrics.

Edit:
Ahh, I forgot: Made with the MTVMG2

Edit 2:
From now on I'll add some information to every song I'll upload.

• Song - Blocks: 158
  • Used Samples: 29
  • Notes: 273
  • Beat channels: 8
  • Bass channels: 2
  • Melody channels: 24

Edit 3:
I uploaded the german version. Unfortunately the quality didn't turn out to be great but that was the best I could get.

Well, I re-arranged the old vocals (second lyrics) to the up-to-date instrumental and didn't record something new, that's why the melody after 2:21 sounds a bit off to the lyrics. At 2:44 my rap mate "Skywide" turns in for a little feature.  :) 

However I hope you enjoy the track!

Note:
- Instrumental: A.R. (Alphabeat Rap)
- Full version with german (battle-rap) lyrics: A.R. (the bigger file)

Here are the translated lyrics (remember: it's some kind of a battle-rap; so don't take stuff personal because everything said in the song is meant to be understand only by the rap scene surrounding myself):

Chorus:

Come to me, I'll show you German weapons, German rap, bit** see how two Germans laugh,
This is German rap, KdR - R, that's Alphabet Rap, AR – AR,
This is the first proud German army, this field is captured from soldier to colonel.
Come to me, I'll show you German weapons, German rap, bit** see how two Germans laugh.

Part 1:

This is the first proud German unit boy and I swear it's not a fascist one,
It's regular rap but spoken as hard as the war interrogation.
We perform our parts so relentless goal-oriented that you think you were at war,
You can not distinguish whether it is a rhyme or a grenade flying towards you.
Sh** boy do you hear the gunfire, that's no lead (plumb), that's my verbal MG,
Automatic fire from the heart; that's WDDDMT (abbreviation of the title of the mixtape).
Yes, I don't need real weapons cause my words can snipe you,
Think about it, even from the speaker I bring your career to fail.
KdR; better you fly your white flag because you can still surrender
And lose with honor; don't think you could compete with me.
I only need to target you, breath, rap an execute you with one single word,
So go out of my sight and disappear boy; do it like the colour in your face
Before A.R. comes to your home and confronts you like the court-martial,
pulls literally of your trousers and plays a bit with your will
till we break you boy; that's German rap, yes somebody aiming with words
like they would be bullets of an ammunition belt; Alpahbet Rap now storms your district.

Chorus again

Part 2:

This is the first proud German unit boy, I'll give message now,
Because nobody wants to hear you – your rap sounds dull and reminds me of a cold.
On my campaign to the top you appear to be far less valuable than cannon fodder,
You are the first to fail, so better stay at your mother's home.
Here reigns the Alphabet Rap government, our army against you toy soldier,
We go with shoulder badges, if it has to be, over corpses, too.
We march through each terrain; we remain true to ourselves until the end
As a closed German unit, because you and all others are just too cowardly.

Bridge:

Alphabet Rap at the start, day for day,
I don't know how they come to call themselves generals but being devotional like nuns,
That didn't do anything; I'm just warning so you don't say you wouldn't have had a choice afterwards,
You are all cowards to me, always crying, better start running,
Skywide; call me the rap lieutenant, A.R. Alphabet Rap, oh no, A.R. Assault Rifle,
our rhymes are deadly, there is no doubt,
Even the government knows it, you think you are tougher, so come and demonstrate it,
A.R. is back and you are f*cked, in my eyes you are all cowards and that's it, now march lock-step, yeah.

Chorus again
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

DJ Ryznup

Great production. love the strings that you have in this, cool gunshot effects too, sounds like people shooting with Uzis and shotguns in a streetwar. Hot beat that you got here!

Sounded like a cool story that you had to go along with this, sorry you weren't able to save your work from the third draft you did. I wouldn't understand a word of what your saying in the song if its in German, but it might be cool for other people to hear if they know the language.

I think you should upload it. I would like to hear it in english if you ever decide to translate it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Symphony

Thanks Ryznup.  :)

Translating rap tracks is always hard as you easily tend to lose the original rhyme pattern, especially from german to english. I have to admit that I could not even imagine a good translation of some german slang words at the moment.  :D

However, I said I'll upload it if demanded and I'm going to hold my promise anyway. But it's late (02:15 AM (?) here, deep night) and I want to sleep now, so you'll have to wait.  ;D 

Edit:
Changing some stuff on the track at the moment (re-editing and synchronizing the vocals). Sorry to say, but the release will take one or two days more.

Edit2:
German version uploaded. English version cancelled.
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~