Thames

Started by J-MACHine, August 21, 2009, 01:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Yes, i do still do a ton of 'game' music for little idea's of mine, and projects i have been hired for. But i sahn't go into to much detail unless people specificlly ask me to.

In spite of the name Thames, and the fact that the song did indeed come from a mental picture of the river Thames at night (One of the few things about London i DON'T dislike), this is acctually something that's being used for one of the levels in an idustrial-themed world. The general composition idea i wanted for this world was funk/acid jazz with a Disco vibe. Weather or not i pulled it off well or not i can't tell.

This acctually originally came about as nothing more then mucking around with a song a mate of mine had started. It was more or less just Softy Loop with an echo effect applied to the track (which i kept). I just messed about with the samples, built upon it, and added in a bass and a melody. Think it only took me about a day or two at the most.
My favorite element is the Long Horn sample used in one of the Horn sections. Because i'd mixed in a Synth Sample which blended with it icnredibly well. I just wish i could remember what it was.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

TPT

Wow. Relaxed and groovy :) Fantastic stuff!
Very impressive.