Started by Not a Number, September 08, 2009, 03:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Song name: Infinity - Pt. 1 (Instr.)
File type: zipped mp3 (MegaUpload)
Length: 9:24
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:

One of the proposed tracks for /0 Part 1.

Movements:
I. Autumn (0:00 - 4:00)
II. Winter (4:00 - 9:24)

This song, whilst I thought it was great at the time, was one of the main reasons behind the Post-"Pheonix" announcement. Whilst this song was great in concept, the lyrics I wrote for it... sucked. The lyrics for the possible "Infinity - Pt. 2" were so bad as well, I thought it best to scrap this song. Not to mention the backing melody for the second Movement being pretty much the same two riffs over and over again (with the key going up from G to G# at 6:03).

In my opinion, this song wasn't one of my best works. I'd go as far as to say that I was simply trying too hard at making something that at the time, I simply couldn't do. Some bits of the song I do like (for instance, the 7/8-9/8 melody in the first Movement) but for the most part, I'm not a big fan of it. I'm not ashamed of making it, but eh.. I could've done better.

In the .ZIP file, I've included the proposed lyrics to both Infinity Pt. 1 and Pt. 2. Compared to the lyrics I've written now (eg. Prologue: Into the Fire), they're pants. (as well as unoriginal)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1R5X2OE2