Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Started by pillagemyvillage, September 24, 2009, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

a purely one off tune here, ive still not got a bloody computer so ive been very restless creatively! managed to get on my mates computer for an hour so i thought i may as well upload this.
this tune is a massive change for me, its 110bpm!!! thats the slowest ive ever produced!
this tune has a mighty bass line and progresses nicely... im going for a 'mighty bliss' type sound with this which is working out for me just fine.
a little rough around the edges but the overall plan is to reproduce this on ableton when i finally get a computer, its gonna sound wicked then! this sort of sound is something i want to produce more of in the future.

enjoy!  ;D

pillagemyvillage

thanks mate, ignorance is bliss lol! had a listen through, unfinished but still sounds good, particually the change in style for me. had to rush it out as who knows the next time i would be able to record!?

pillagemyvillage

thanks blondie, its a shame that i had to delete a load of riffs late on due to the drop out in notes. if it wasnt for that you could really achieve a wicked sound, but such is life!
thanks for your comment pal :)

pillagemyvillage

yeah the bliss is mighty! dont know how he does it, id love to get hold of one of his raw tunes just to see how he manipulates the samples.
like i said i would have been able to add so much more to this tune but the stupid programme cant take it lol!

Casper AudioGhost

hi-this is really brilliant-a wonderful change of pace yet it fits the tone of yer body of work,as i always did i stand in awe of yer talent casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DarkBliss

Hey Pillage, as always I just don`t know what to say after listening to one of your tracks. This is a real departure from your usual style but as Blonde says, it still retains the optimal amount of brilliance you`re so renound for.

This track just excretes class from every orifice, beautiful melodies played over dream-like percussions and effects, top class produciton. Your skills know no boundaries mate...Jon Hopkins would be proud.  ;)

So is this a Pillage or a Noxomus release?
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Wowzer.

LOVE that intro. Very sweeping. I keep wanting to just play that bit alone over and over. It's like an auralgasm.

Very powerful those pads. They have an impact!
Nice sharp sounding drums!

It is indeed very dreamy!! I imagine playing an adventure computer game where you go through several dreamy-style levels!!

This is the result of one hours work? Did you like... freeze time forever or something because it sounds too good to just be completed in one hour.

The only thing for me personally is that it feels a bit TOO bass heavy. But I love it nonetheless.

The atmospherics are astounding. Particularly that high pitched sine-like sound that resembles a siren singing across the ocean or something.

Very magical and mind-involving. It's like...all these sounds are coming into my head and inviting my mind to run around an imaginary playground with it.

Just wow.

pillagemyvillage

thanks for youre nice comments and detailed responses. loved the 'imaginary playground' comment rikki, i think that comment sums up the feel of this track.

this is like a demo of what i will re-create with ableton, looking forward to that day :)

RSCONCEPTIONS©

It's too good to be a demo. Please complete it and publish it :D

TPT

Wow. That is a fantastic piece of atmospheric music. So deep you'd need a submarine to explore it fully!
Absolutely beautiful!

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Quote from: TPT on September 26, 2009, 01:45:35 PMSo deep you'd need a submarine to explore it fully!

Love that comment. That comment is amazing. I really feel this comment delivers humour and compliment together in the form of a funny yet accurate and unusual analogy.

That is my comment on that comment.

Sacred Virgo

i have no sense of humour so i'll just say the song is excellent but i enjoyed more than i usually do its originality and its tone, darker than usual. is it a new musical direction for you, noxy?

sorry blonde & rikaaaaaaaay i just had to get out of that mental loop!  ;D

.:DJ Droppin:.

110bpm, for you that's slower than a drunk turtle.... But it works. Classic pillage melodies. A very nice style of chilled ambient trance. Excellent work.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

pillagemyvillage

many thanks for your kind comments y'all, this tune haas had a really good response! im gonna work on an ableton remake next wk and also im gonna rework 4-5 classic pillage tracks too... watch this space, it will be a joy to produce :)

Sacred Virgo

time to say....galapagos!!!  ;D

pillagemyvillage

lol its like im doing requests!

nightmares and dreamscapes will be the name of my first solo album made on ableton. this track will be featured on the album and listed as 'nightmares'. i have an almost complete second tune which will be called 'dreamscapes' which i hope to finish tomorrow.
so far its going well, although its difficult to get the sound levels right with the shite equipment im using!
as for ableton remakes, im going for...

this tune
fanfare
B - ambient
messages from heaven
sun shines on u
:)

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Quote from: pillagemyvillage on October 04, 2009, 05:12:20 PM
lol its like im doing requests!

nightmares and dreamscapes will be the name of my first solo album made on ableton. this track will be featured on the album and listed as 'nightmares'. i have an almost complete second tune which will be called 'dreamscapes' which i hope to finish tomorrow.
so far its going well, although its difficult to get the sound levels right with the shite equipment im using!
as for ableton remakes, im going for...

this tune
fanfare
B - ambient
messages from heaven
sun shines on u
:)

Ah I am so happy you are remaking B - ambient in Ableton. There is only one thing that piece suffers from - the lack of sound quality available in M2k. It deserves better quality :)

RSCONCEPTIONS©

BUMP
Because this tune deserves a good bumping. In more than one sense of the word ;)

Has it been remade yet Pillageyplops?