Some of my music.

Started by Camwin, October 28, 2009, 10:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camwin

Kia Ora.

I've been on here a couple of days and thought "i haven't even done what i came here to do, and that was show you my music.
So here's an accumulation of my stuff that i've done over the years, just so you could get a feel for my music :D
It's a mix of Originals and Remixes (sorry but there are some in here that i haven't finished but thought were still good :P)
Please, let me know what you think. Good or Bad is appreciated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1H8ZNLR      
Alkalis - "Age Of Reason" (Back To Balearic Mix) - (2007) - Remix of John Farnahm - "Age Of Reason"
My last completed work, also the most complete i thought.
Very melodic, worked a lot on the pans and the space of the tune. (Though the low-end is rather muddy)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6ODZXMN
Alkalis - "Falling Cities" - (2007) - INCOMPLETE
My percs were rather techy, industrial in this one.
Went a bit different with this one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CMY79S56
Alkalis - "Icestorm" (Dark Mix) - (2007) - INCOMPLETE
This is a remake of the first tune i ever completed back in 04 (thought it was extremely out of tune :P)
The piano at the start was to lull the listener into a false sense of security then BAM! the brooding bassline and dark chords haunt you haha!
Was told this would be good for Metal Gear Solid, which i thought was cool :D
(Please mind the pads and 'ahhs' towards the end, i didn't notice the panning was out until i put it on my comp)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNZVASEA
ToneDepth - "Into Being" (Alkalis Remix) - 2007 - INCOMPLETE - Remix of ToneDepth - "Into Being" (sample i can't find :( )
Have heard from so many people that the intro sounds a lot like The Undertakers song, at which point i hadn't heard of.
After hearing it, it really does :P
I liked the energy in this one, i thought it was quite a clear tune as well (Which i don't tend to get out of my songs)

As you can see, 2007 was more my year :)
Thanks for listening guys and hope you like them.
Cam

Sacred Virgo

nice i'll check them out asap. don't you know you can attach your files directly on this site? i could attach them for you if you want me to

Camwin

Quote from: Sacred Virgo on October 28, 2009, 10:29:31 AM
nice i'll check them out asap. don't you know you can attach your files directly on this site? i could attach them for you if you want me to
I thought that's what that was lol
Yeah would really appreciate if you could :)
Tahnks.

Sacred Virgo

no, i mean that you don't need to upload it through megaupload. you can attach your mp3 by clicking 'additional options' and browsing your files everytime you write on here

Camwin

Quote from: Sacred Virgo on October 28, 2009, 11:08:36 AM
no, i mean that you don't need to upload it through megaupload. you can attach your mp3 by clicking 'additional options' and browsing your files everytime you write on here
Ah roger that.
Awesome.

Sacred Virgo

i just checked out your first song 'age of reason'.. so you're definitely a skilled producer.. nice, very nice...

now i'll go check out your 'own' songs. so your artist name is alkalis?

EDIT: i gave a quick listen to all the songs..they're good! very good production, nice variety of each song structure. i enjoyed them a lot. your style reminds me of earlier productions by j-tech, another great techno-trance producer we have here

.:DJ Droppin:.

Alright. Good to see you have music posted now
.. (Age of Reason refused to download for me. I tried it 7 times.)

Falling Cities -
Good beat and some type of scratching sound panned for the intro.
:15 light cymbal
*Waits for fill and melody*
:30 and there it is.... Subtle yet catchy melody..
Slowly building bass synth with panned snares I believe.

1:09 transition... Now we're cooking. I like the bass synth, percussion.
1:38 another transition to a new melody and strings. 1:53 is fantastic..
2:34 transition to yet another set of melodies. THIS is great! Done nicely here.
2:58 octave changed. 3:00 great transition again... Flawless.
For your 1st song on TIMGUL this is a great start. Nice job.  :)
(I did hear what sounded like a few problems with the file. Perhaps corrupted? Unsure.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Icestorm (Dark mix) -
Lovely piano intro with a kind of muffled beat and abrupt, rising strings.
:51 Nice subtle piano, not overly dominant... blips panned and strong percussion with reverb.
1:15 transition to synth bass
1:27 piano transition to more synth sounds good.
1:55 new melody and WOW that's awesome. Kind of an acid sound to it. Very catchy right here.
2:27 another set of melodies... Just as catchy. 2:40 is phenomenal... Really like those melodies playing over each other.
3:40 kind of a breakdown section.... Panned brief chants, changes in overall octave use.
4:13 transition again
Nice finish also.
2nd song = Another TIMGUL success. Nicely done.
Into Being (Alkalis Remix)
Dark, echo intro.... :12 evil bells chime. Oh nice.....
This is awesome man.
:40 very dark atmosphere created.
:55 NICE beat... This is great. Subtle synth, but with that kick it is perfect in my opinion.
1:35 transition to more synth... Sounds real professional such as I'd hear with many psy/electro artists.
2:18 another eerie section
3:24 evil bell chimes again with awesome synth
Another very nice song.... You're really quite good.
Oh sorry for taking up the entire screen on my comments here, but that's how I generally do my reviews, lengthy and thorough.

Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Sacred Virgo

i attached the mp3 of 'age of reason'

Camwin

Quote from: Sacred Virgo on October 28, 2009, 11:23:56 AM
i just checked out your first song 'age of reason'.. so you're definitely a skilled producer.. nice, very nice...

now i'll go check out your 'own' songs. so your artist name is alkalis?

EDIT: i gave a quick listen to all the songs..they're good! very good production, nice variety of each song structure. i enjoyed them a lot. your style reminds me of earlier productions by j-tech, another great techno-trance producer we have here
Thanks alot mate for taking a listen.
Yep, Alkalis is me :P
I'll definately give j-tech a go.
Thanks for attaching the mp3 as well :)

Camwin

Quote from: .:.DJ Droppin.:. on October 28, 2009, 12:02:04 PM
Alright. Good to see you have music posted now
.. (Age of Reason refused to download for me. I tried it 7 times.)

Falling Cities -
Good beat and some type of scratching sound panned for the intro.
:15 light cymbal
*Waits for fill and melody*
:30 and there it is.... Subtle yet catchy melody..
Slowly building bass synth with panned snares I believe.

1:09 transition... Now we're cooking. I like the bass synth, percussion.
1:38 another transition to a new melody and strings. 1:53 is fantastic..
2:34 transition to yet another set of melodies. THIS is great! Done nicely here.
2:58 octave changed. 3:00 great transition again... Flawless.
For your 1st song on TIMGUL this is a great start. Nice job.  :)
(I did hear what sounded like a few problems with the file. Perhaps corrupted? Unsure.)
Icestorm (Dark mix) -
Lovely piano intro with a kind of muffled beat and abrupt, rising strings.
:51 Nice subtle piano, not overly dominant... blips panned and strong percussion with reverb.
1:15 transition to synth bass
1:27 piano transition to more synth sounds good.
1:55 new melody and WOW that's awesome. Kind of an acid sound to it. Very catchy right here.
2:27 another set of melodies... Just as catchy. 2:40 is phenomenal... Really like those melodies playing over each other.
3:40 kind of a breakdown section.... Panned brief chants, changes in overall octave use.
4:13 transition again
Nice finish also.
2nd song = Another TIMGUL success. Nicely done.
Into Being (Alkalis Remix)
Dark, echo intro.... :12 evil bells chime. Oh nice.....
This is awesome man.
:40 very dark atmosphere created.
:55 NICE beat... This is great. Subtle synth, but with that kick it is perfect in my opinion.
1:35 transition to more synth... Sounds real professional such as I'd hear with many psy/electro artists.
2:18 another eerie section
3:24 evil bell chimes again with awesome synth
Another very nice song.... You're really quite good.
Oh sorry for taking up the entire screen on my comments here, but that's how I generally do my reviews, lengthy and thorough.

Really appreciate you taking the time out to review my songs, the way you've done it is great!
I think there might have been some problems with the upload for "Falling Cities".
Thanks for the thorough listen :)

Cheers guys again.

EDIT: I'm afraid i may have uploaded a shorter version of "Into Being", I will get onto uploading the longer, slightly more fuller version :)

Camwin

Quote from: Blonde Justice on October 28, 2009, 08:06:31 PM
Age of Reason - Oooho bit of darkness around the 03:20 with [I believe] one of the ahh vox samples? Nicely done and fantastic percussion, great production and I like how you make your pianos - LOVE that sample at 04:43 but then again I'm a whore for ahh vox.

I'll leave feedback for the other tracks as and when I can but what a first track to hear! Looking forward to hearing the others.
Thanks a lot for listening.
haha bang on, i can't get enough of the ahh vox pads.
Thanks again.