A Boundary In Spacetime (bass holes in the sky)

Started by Sacred Virgo, September 07, 2010, 11:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacred Virgo

brand new tune from me. this is my first attempt at making a futuristic, sci-fi-themed bass music tune. it was made with ableton in two days, which is astonishing compared to my usual standards.

it's so obvious that this song simply wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the inspiration that DJ Dropping gives me by releasing his own songs. i never knew that such a thing as bass music even existed before i met him. so 2 days ago i started thinking about a funny name for bass song and came up with 'bass holes & bass turds'  :D ; all of a sudden i felt the urgency to give a try to make some bass music and 2 days after i've come up with this. i had quite some fun doin' it.
i hope you all like, especially you rob. we've been through harsh times but you're a good guy. consider it as dedicated to you and your passion for bass music.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

for ur first attempt, dis iz fukin wicked.  im luvin the drones and atmospheric sfx, and that melody is great.  also luvin da vocal sample, give it that extra "space-like" sound to it.  btw...dat title is bad-ass

.:DJ Droppin:.

Wow.. First attempt and HOPEFULLY not the last! This is so good. The sound effects, panning, the minimal beat and bass.... The arps/progression are OUT Of this world! A beautifully structured track. I am honored that I have inspired you or had any part in doing so. My favorite section is from 3:39 to 4:35 the transition and where the bass drops with the arps/heavenly subtle sound. The ending is a great touch to remove the beat/bass and just have the arps, chanting, and sound FX! Shell, to go from what you're so familiar with creating to an entirely different realm of music and to do this well at it speaks volumes to your talent. Yeah, we have had some rough times on TIMGUL in the past, but that is well back in the past. You're a good mate. I hope you make more of this in the future.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Koolassjoe

The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe

Sacred Virgo

i saw your messages on my fb wall and i'm glad that you liked this, especially the section from 3.39 onwards, which is my fave part too and is the portion where the song suits my own style much more than the rest.
again, you had a huge part in this. since it took me little time to make this, and i'm pretty happy with the result, and you and bliss liked it, i may consider the idea of giving another try to bass music in the future.

.:DJ Droppin:.

Definitely... I could see you creating an entire album this style. Thanks again for the props. Much respect.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin