You Will Never Break Me (Expression Through Experimentation) [... I don't know]

Started by J-MACHine, May 18, 2011, 09:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

The title kinda gives it away, really; it was just a bit of experimentation done with some riffs I had lying around that I've been meaning to use for ages. It's something I've done for my mixtape side project, 'Beatology', and is probably the least contemporary of the songs on the whole thing. It's probably the black sheep track of the entire project. It defies catagorisation, but it's pretty close to electro. I think.
I can't really explain this one; it's one of those things that really requires a listen.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

(i'll give it a listen once i can violently pull myself away from "Dissonence in the Garden of Red Flowers").... ... ok the deed is done lol.
(listening)... ... amazing track j.  i luv that groove to it, and that drum pattern is dope.  this kinda sounds like ending credits music from an extremely addictive video game (this very song is the only reason why somebody would actually sit through the credits lol).  amazing work dude.

DJ Eddy

really nice intro with the pad and strings (if thats what they were?).
Wow loving that melody and the beat is sick man..love the groovy bass u seem to pop out in nearly all ur songs.
i might have to try my hand with this sort of style cause this sounds really good..
cheers

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I was gonna do my usual listen n type at the same time comment...but I had to listen to this.

I absolutely love the melodys in this track J. My favourite part would be the slow sorta minimal slow part and it just fires up again.
Another track of yours I've listened to tonight that I just love.
Just awesome mate.

J-MACHine

@ ZoDiaC: It does sound a touch like ending credits music for a game, actually. Hahaha, that was unintentional, but avoidable I guess, me being me. Glad you liked it though!

@ Eddy: I think everything in this was synthesizer or drum machine based- an entirely synthetic track. But being that this track was put together using the riff in the intro and the chords in the verses, which I think were first made in about... early 2010, maybe even mid 2009, they could be anything. I say go for it, I'd love to see what you can do with this kind of style!

@ Knowlesy: Cheers, man! Glad it struck a chord with you enough to deviate from your usual comment style, hahaha.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™