MG2 USERS!!! NOOB NEEDS ASSISTANCE!!!!

Started by ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE, June 20, 2011, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

Ok, so my god-brother dug up MG2 (ps2 version) for me at Gamestop yesterday.  So I bought it to experiment with it.  Well, when i got home and tried to make a beat, FISSION...MAILED!!!! It took a long ass time for me to remake this bass melody i made using FL Studio 9, for my track "Lesbian Furries", because of the annoying controls and the whole "making a beat from top to bottom" thing.  So I need some feedback, am I doing something wrong or does it just take time to get use to?  I'm definitely not gonna give up on it because 1: thats just not my style, and 2: with the bad ass tracks i hear from yall, i know there's a way to handle it, i just dont know how to yet.  Also, similar to Dj Omnimaga's MG1 (playstation version) tutorial, can somebody post up one for MG2?  MG2 has so much more than MG3, and i really want to make some tracks using it.

PS....I'll continue to fuck around with it and try to get use to those controls, but if there are any tips or hints you can give me, please comment.

Koolassjoe

lol. thats why i stood w mtvmg1. all i could do was turn the tv sideways! theres plenty of mg2 pros here. got to put up a tutorial.
The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe

Fear 2 Stop®

I'm thinking about making a tutorial video and putting it up on YouTube...for me it is the easiest one in the series to use. The top to bottom style works better for me as because of it, the keyboard part of it is left to right. Plus, it allows me to make cool shapes when I place notes. I shit you not...often I mute the tv and make shapes with the notes; 9 out of 10 times it makes it sound tight. Yeah, I gotta make a video ;)
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ Eddy

If MTVMG 2 is the same as Music 3000 then theres a way to change the scroll thing from top to bottom to left to right on the options because thats what i done and i changed the button arrangments to.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

@Koolassjoe: lol ("turn the tv sideways") if my ps2 wasnt right next my tv, and its a/v cables weren't so sensitive, id do the same lol.

@Fear2Stop: THANK U SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! A video is well needed cuz im going through hell wit MG2 lol.

@Eddy: SWEETNESS!!! imma have to check dat out.

Fear 2 Stop®

Quote from: DJ Eddy on June 21, 2011, 04:03:45 PM
If MTVMG 2 is the same as Music 3000 then theres a way to change the scroll thing from top to bottom to left to right on the options because thats what i done and i changed the button arrangments to.

Nah...MG2 came out before. Music 3000 was released as "Digital Hitz Factory", and is buggy as hell. Once you get the hang of MG2, it's worth it. I've been using it for 10 years now and there's so much you can do with it. Most fun is to mess around with the sample editor and note parameters.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Fear 2 Stop®

Still planning on working on the video...just life's gone to shit right now -_-