Dark Abyss (hard trance?)

Started by DJ Omnimaga, September 24, 2008, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok I finally come up with a new song. This one took me a bit longer to make (about 7 or 8 hours) compared to my other average songs. I think I finally got the string pads right, even if I don't use the entire Pillagemyvillage technique. The hardest part of this song was to come up with a decent kick drums. For some reasons kickdrums in Music 2000 sounds a lil too muddy and not stompy enough for hard songs, except the hardcore one and nineteen (which doesn't have much bass), so I decided to experiment more with the sample "Zap" under Percussions->Strange and this is what I got at 22 KHz, octave 3 and one note set two keys higher than the other (second highest chord in this octave and 4th highest one are used). Space reverb is set at 55 through the entire song. I think since I finally figured out the "DIDIDIII-DIDIDIII-DIDIDIII-DIDIDIII" sequence for melody backgrounds this is what made some of my MTVMG2 songs sounds better and made this Music 2000/MTVMG1 song sounds better too. It is my most complex trance song so far I think.

Anyway I went with an harder trance style than my usual euro or dreamy stuff for this track. It's a bit like Pillagemyvillage stuff but I think a bit harder, stompier and more electric. Maybe less complex chord progression than his songs too. I went closer to the typical trance style, altough you may still find a '90s feel into it because of that stompy kickdrum.

Don't listen while too tired though, else you may get lost into the song. I hope you like

Title: Dark Abyss
Artist: DJ Omnimaga
Year: 2008
Software: MTV Music Generator (Music 2000)
Samples used: hi Pass (22), static synth (44), backwards (44), class crash (44), alternate (11), short gate (22), zap (22), 808openhat (44), underwater 1 (11), classic clap (44), synth pad (11), high hit (44), syn brass (44), c64 warble 2 (22), techno synth (22), syn brass (22), the boss (22), reverberance (44)

EDIT: File attached to the post now, since I recently increased the upload cap.

DarkBliss

This is awsome, I like your custom made kick drum, very 90`s. I love the breakdown and build up in this song too, I can certainly imagine this being played in a club Omni, excellent mate.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

thanks a lot mate, I am glad I finally got string pads right. I might also use the dididii dididii dididii style background melody in other songs too because it seems to make them sound harder

Symphony

Wow that's what I call a hard kick-drum  :D  Sounds very professionel all in all, so DIDIDIII ftw, good job  :)
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

quade77

tried to download this tune but i have a shit 2g connection at the mo and keep getting this message

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at www.omnimaga.org.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
    * Are you certain this domain address exists?  Its registration may have expired.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?  Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

but soon as i get a good connection i will check it out mate :) and the other track too

DJ_Omnimaga

mhmm strange, it works for me, but I will check in firefox right now to see. I know crowrate had trouble downloading some stuff here before (altough he lives in Japan so that might be why). For me it asked me where i want to save the file.

However with the recent download cap increase I no longer need to link my long songs from my other website so I'll upload a copy in my post in the meantime while checking in Firefox

EDIT: Mhmm seemed fine for me in Firefox. However I noticed sometimes that TIMGUL/Omnimaga server goes down for a couple of minutes from time to time. This is rare, but in my mailbox I often get notice saying that SMF couldn't connect to the database, then I go check and it's fine

EDIT: File attached now. I need to go through my other songs to see if I didn't liked to my other site

quade77

no i don't think the problem is with firefox or your site, its just this rubbish USB modem key im using by Vodafone, i get drop outs all the time and very very slow upload and download speeds, some times its ok , or good and sometimes its really bad and cant even get on line, ive had it about 6 months because i don't have a land line here, thats why its very hard for me to re upload my work because, it will get half way though or near the end and i lose the signal, its so frustrating, but i will be getting a land line in the next few months even tho i have to pay out to end my 24 month contract :( i get 3gb a month of download space and if i go 1gb over it cost £15 about $25 my last monthly bill was £105  :-\

DJ_Omnimaga

aaah cool. I know some people have wifi connections over here and in the past they often had troubles with their router disconnecting every few minutes because the signal was bad. It was quite annoying when gaming with wireless users to have a teamate at starcraft dissapear while you're close to owning the other team so then you lose cuz it's a 4 vs 3 or 3 vs 2 battle x.x

fortunately these problems don't happen as much anymore though. Some ISPs does that even with wired connections too. MY ISP does that during summer sometimes

JCW

My ISP was doing it yesterday, just lagging so bad and then stopping altogether. Last year I had about 2 months of it disconnecting every 2-3 minutes constantly. Hard to play Counter Strike under those conditions lol :P

Fear 2 Stop®

Awesome job! I'm normally not into this type of music, but this is very cool. Honestly, this is a genre that although I am not too fond of, I wish i could write in that style, as it sounds like a club hit.

Great job!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

quade77

ok got around to playing this track now, and i love this kind of sound would be very happy if i made this my self, got some awesome sounds going on there, and its all in key and is very trancey witch i love man,    but i must say omni i am getting some major distorting with the kick drum? or the bass i cant put my finger on it, man if you intended it to be this way then i apologize, i have played some other stuff and it sounds fine, but there is deof distortion on this track mate, maybe it was a problem with the upload mate?

DJ_Omnimaga

hold on I will check, maybe the track got corrupted. Can you try listening to it on Myspace? http://www.myspace.com/djomnimaga. Not the player at the top, but the one in my about me box at the top? Maybe I recorded it too loud, though

quade77

quade77

yeah man the one on your myspace sounds a million times better... no distortion  :)

quade77

where did you get that music player from man? its so cool

DJ_Omnimaga

cool that it plays well, I guess it's prbly a glitch with the QUicktime player in firefox/opera. I didn't got this problem the only problem I got is that when I click a song and it asks me to download or open, I must wait about 6-7 seconds before clicking open if I want it to load fully. I actually got the Music player on http://www.playlist.com . I am unsure if it works anymore on myspace though, I heard they banned it in attempt to force people to use their own player, but it still works fine for Myspace accounts that haven't been edited since they blocked it. Maybe they reenabled it. I think you should try loading in 2 or 3 songs in a playlist.com player and try putting it on myspace to see if it loads at all.

quade77

i have been to this play list place before im already a member but if i remember right i didn't know how to upload my own tunes to it, how did you do that dude?

DJ_Omnimaga

Oh shit I forgot you need your own web host for that x.x sorry

actually the songs need to alerady be avaliable online somewhere. Unfortunately I don't know if a file host like savefile or mediafire would work and I doubt a direct link to the song from the forums either. else I doubt it will play because playlist will not recognise the song as a valid music file since it will most likely be a weird file ID. But if you got webspace like on http://www.1and1.com (there are some free hosts, but they aren't reliable much or doesn't allow big files) you upload your songs there and in playlist.com, when logging in, you will land in your control panel where there should be a delete/rearrange songs on  a playlist, i think it's there. Unfortunately I don't rememebr where you actualy start the playlist at all though, if it doesn,t start automatically at all since I havent updated it often :(

.:DJ Droppin:.

Yep typical Omni intro with the chord progressive, zappy kick drum.... Of course uptempo, the clap, the building snare fill. *waits*.... Yep the killer melody.... Goes so perfect with your initial chords. Strings at 1:50 real nice. Even better at 2:14.
Excellent  :)
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin