The GREATEST timgul tune of a decade?

Started by pillagemyvillage, July 05, 2009, 07:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

ok, m2k must be nearing a decade in age soon?
could we organise a poll/discussion board or something, that will eventually crown one timgul tune the best ever created?

any ideas as to how to achieve this?

we've all been at the programmes for the past decade or so, so wouldnt it be nice to discuss the best of this golden generation?
maybe have a top 3?

it will also liven up the downloads and set up some cool discussion, id know the tracks id vote for, im sure you do too...

this isnt some self satisfying post, but a tribute to the programmes and the users who have greated some awesome tunes  ;D

Sacred Virgo

cool idea but i fear it's too pretentious, dear errol.
maybe every member could pick his top 10 or top 5 songs, then it could be possible to make a poll including the most nominated songs.
yet this requires the partecipation of a significant number of members who have listened a significant number of songs, and i'm not sure that this fits our forum. i mean, we are a small community and probably few guys have listened an adequate number of songs so far (otherwise they would probably have replied in my 'best songs' thread)

Fear 2 Stop®

Quotemaybe every member could pick his top 10 or top 5 songs, then it could be possible to make a poll including the most nominated songs.

I like that idea.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

JCW

Well let's wait a little while for more feedback from others, then we can get the poll underway. I like this idea as it not only promotes members to newer members and perhaps older ones who haven't heard many artists' songs, but also it allows the artist to see who likes what song the best, and perhaps elements of that song can be used in their future tracks to make them much better.

pillagemyvillage

yeah it'll liven things up, get a few debates going and get people downloading...

dub-ya - i guess as the mods and cons of timgul, you would like to sort the best option?

JCW

Well, I'd like to hear what a few others think about it first but I have no problems with this. Perhaps just the simple way of members giving their favourites per genre like John P mentions or by members giving in their favourites and doing a tally at the end.

Fear 2 Stop®

Well, I think we should each come up with a list of our best songs, and let people vote for which one is the best. Then, each winner competes against each other in a final battle to the death.

In a matter of speaking, of course.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Sacred Virgo

Quote from: Fear 2 Stop on July 06, 2009, 07:08:13 PM
Well, I think we should each come up with a list of our best songs, and let people vote for which one is the best.

you mean every member should post a list including his own songs? or maybe you mean a list including the best songs from other members? (sorry, it's a matter of language)

quade77

too many great tunes on here for me to choose, and i will feel bad if i leave any one out, also not heard every tune on the site, plus everyone knows i love pillages work and wouldn't want people to think i was picking his stuff because we are good mates. think ill leave this one to you guys :) good luck everyone  :)

Fear 2 Stop®

Quote from: Shellshaka on July 06, 2009, 07:19:22 PM
Quote from: Fear 2 Stop on July 06, 2009, 07:08:13 PM
Well, I think we should each come up with a list of our best songs, and let people vote for which one is the best.

Own songs, and others can vote. Then each "best" song competes against others. Maybe the top 3 from each member.

you mean every member should post a list including his own songs? or maybe you mean a list including the best songs from other members? (sorry, it's a matter of language)

Sacred Virgo

i see. yes, it could work, but maybe it's more fun to see which are the top 5/10 songs picked by the other members, isn't it?

Fear 2 Stop®

True, but some people may have lost their track when the board died last time. Also, older songs may have been forgotten by some members.

JCW

That's true, we may have to put a (kitten) pause on this idea for now.

Fear 2 Stop®

pillagemyvillage

hmm, yes i feel the good thing about this would be the fact that if some tunes were up to vote for, and you hadnt heard them, then you'd have to have a listen and put in your votes... this would liven up the board and get people downloadinbg older tunes and start lots of discussion... there are many tunes ive not heard, so this would be a good thing as id then have a listen to loads more tunes and cast some votes... it would be fun to do and over the course of some months determine the greatest ever m2k/mg2/m3k/mg3 tune ever made

Sacred Virgo

it won't take long before i can write down my top 10 favourites. unfortunately there are lots of broken links so i cannot listen to the songs which were not uploaded as attachments

pillagemyvillage

ok sounds good... i was thinking that everyone could pick 3-5 songs from each genre, then merge all of those selected songs creating an overall poll and choice of which songs are available to vote for...

for me, voting for just 3-5 songs would be hard enough as there are so many great tunes here... it would then be hard to select or submit 1 vote for the best timgul tune ever... but that is kinda cool and i think we should do it!!! what say you dub-ya? lets do it and lock it in the news section too!

Sacred Virgo

Quote from: pillagemyvillage on July 10, 2009, 04:40:29 AM
ok sounds good... i was thinking that everyone could pick 3-5 songs from each genre, then merge all of those selected songs creating an overall poll and choice of which songs are available to vote for...

good idea. this way everyone has the chance to promote songs that other members didn't had the chance to listen. besides every musical genre will have an equal treatment, so this seems a fair system to me. i think 3 songs per genre will be enough to get a large number of songs available for vote

pillagemyvillage

yeah, it'll be fun and really get some topical debate going... lets make it happen!
obviously we'd need a eventual closing date, which would be prob around a month...

pillagemyvillage

would the best way be to initially give each member a chance to put in their top 3 songs (in their opinion), and then once all the votes are in, give every one a set amount of time to vote for their favs, then once all the votes are in for that, put in a top 10 poll, giving everyone the final desicion to vote for the greatest timgul tune of all time...

thoughts?