Savefile

Started by DarkBliss, November 13, 2008, 06:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBliss

Hey, has anyone been able to download any of my tunes lately?
I have them saved on Savefile.com but for some reason I haven`t been able to access them for the past few days.
I`ve just tried downloading Quade`s new tunes (he`s on Savefile too) and the links aren`t working so I`m worried I`ll have to upload all my tracks on to a different hosting site which will be a pain in the arse!
I just hope it`s a temporary problem with the settings on my computer or something.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Not a Number

Chances are if the file's not been downloaded for a certain amount of time (usually 30 days), it gets deleted off the server.

I use MegaUpload for its longer keep (90 days), but this is usually for temporary stuff that I might not give away later (by forgetting its existance, so to speak) but for more permanent stuff while my site's server is on its troubles, I use MediaFire, as even if you're not a member, your file is never deleted off the server. The only downside to this is if you're not a member (which I'm not) you HAVE to know the URL as it's a randomly generated code.

DarkBliss

Yeah, I pay a monthly subscribtion to Savefile to keep my music up there so that wasn`t the problem.

I was using Firefox before so I tried Internet Explorer instead and everything seems to be working fine now, I can get to Savefile no problem! Weird!

Thanks for your help though NAN.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Not a Number

See, at home I wouldn't touch IE if you paid me. And since I'm not allowed to get Firefox at work, I  have to use IE instead.

And since I get paid at work.... 8D

DJ_Omnimaga

Savefiles is shit now. it used to be good but now it's really slow and unreliable. I really recommend against using it for now. I recommend Mediafire until it becomes crap too

Gypsum23

I own a rapidshare account so links aren't deleted, I'll be happy to upload tracks if anyone wants them hosted there. I'm going to move my tracks to there soon.