Music 2000 On Board Samples Not Trimmed Correctly

Started by Irndemon, December 21, 2008, 09:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irndemon

I was creating some drum breaks,when i layered a couple of snare samples,But they would not blend.So i took the two samples in to the sample editor and noticed that one of them had a gap of about one centimeter just before the the wave actually kicks in,after i trimmed the sample they blended perfectly.Since then i've always checked every percussion sample for this before i make any use of it,and was amazed at the amount of samples in this programme that Haven't been trimmed up properly.So i have decided to do a count up starting with the snare section,Amazed to find that there were 24 in the list,"909 wood" being the best example of this,Although sometimes having a slight offset can sound good:

909snare1 , 909snare2 , 909wood , bright stick , brush metal , brush slap , crisp syn , crunch funk , doors , eastend , eq punch , funkster , funky 78 , hi eq , perky studio , pop king , rich hit , swept 2 , swept , tappet , thin hiss , thump n top , tight shorts , triples ,

I counted 28 samples in the kickdrum section,"Ninteen"Being the best example:

909kick1 , 909kick2 , 909kick3 , 909kick4 , angry neighbour , basketball , boosted , clap n stuff , click , dirty sub , flat cap hi , flat cap , funk again , funk light , funky , heart , ninteen , no top , punchy , rumbler hat , rumbler , short ring , slappy , square edges , stopping , sub crush , tubed , wooden ,

And 15 in the hihat section "vari closed" 3 & "808closehat"Being the best examples:

808closehat , 808openhat , 909closehat , 909openhat , android , cheap close , good snick , light closed , light open , phaze open , same old , vari closed 1 , vari closed 2 , vari closed 3 , vari rider , 

stonecold

Yeah i noticed this too. Nice to see you've taken the time to test em out and post them up!   :)

You're right about them sometimes sounding good. The funk/jazz snares and brushes put down 'out the box' sound quite 'human' and add a slight swing.

Good stuff Irndemon.
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

JCW

Yeah I thought it was just a syncing error in playback but good job on discovering these, I'll keep that in mind in future as I use 'Nineteen', 'Boosted', 'Clap n Stuff', 'Brush Metal', 'Brush Slap' and 'Cheap Close' often.

DJ_Omnimaga

I never actually really noticed this but I'll try these out I think to see if it sounds better if I try to sync them. I know in MTVMG3 a lot of samples are not synced, especially the premade loops, and sometimes when playing the song the samples doesn't always all play at the same moment, especially after reloading the song, in which case they sometimes even have a different sound

DaveM

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 22, 2008, 12:25:36 PM
I never actually really noticed this but I'll try these out I think to see if it sounds better if I try to sync them. I know in MTVMG3 a lot of samples are not synced, especially the premade loops, and sometimes when playing the song the samples doesn't always all play at the same moment, especially after reloading the song, in which case they sometimes even have a different sound

That is an important error of the software. Sometimes the stereo pan is totally wrong after reloading a song. Maybe a hihat or tom is very right, but you never made this by yourself. That we have to accept and find tricks.