Re: 6 MB upload cap increased to 20 MB

Started by DJ Omnimaga, February 21, 2009, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Quote from: JCW on February 23, 2009, 11:35:05 PM
Ouch, NaN. Bet that wasn't fun.
Well, it was back in 2006/2007 that it happened, and it was only 30MB of stuff that I still have on my PC.

I've had worse though: my site used to be on my old college webspace and they went and blocked it. D: But now I've got a 320GB external drive and a better webspace (sure it suffers from the odd downtime, but what doesn't? :P)

DJ_Omnimaga

Was ripway also the file hosting to host php scripts? I remember you could test stuff there, but I,m unsure anymore.

I have been thinking several times while I increased the forum cap to increase it to 100 MB for a specific group of members, like those with 500+ posts, but I was worried the diskspace would still fill up quickly and the user would still be limited to 128 kbps bitrate for the actual mix. Actually, I might be able to upload a mod that limits the amount of diskspace for each members, though, but I'm unsure if it would work, plus it would suck since some members alerady uploaded so many songs. 120 GB may be a lot but at 1 GB per person it would fill up pretty quickly if people uploaded an incredible amount of mixes lol :D.

JCW

Omni, do you plan to move mine and Caspers, Quade/Pillages and your mixes into the new Mix Forum? I'd like to see those sorted, there's only a few mixes so it won't be too hard to track them down.

DJ_Omnimaga

I'm planning to do this soon, as well as with the TIMGUL Rave mixes. I'll probably move most of what only includes Music Generator/2000/3000 songs there

DJ_Omnimaga

Nah there's no way to increase it just for specific sub-forums. I could disallow larger uploads for other stuff but people would still upload bigger files anyway I'm sure. The only current work around is that I manually upload the mixes directly on the server and edit people posts with the new link then move them to the DJ mixes section

147 crew

New cap is great, lots more freedom..

Also would love to see the mixes in the mix section, still got a couple to blast! Lovin'

DJ_Omnimaga

Quote from: nakamura on February 24, 2009, 12:51:32 AM
Hmmm, i bet that takes time though.
uploading the file takes a while, altough since I upload it directly into the server I can alerady know the URL in advance since it won't be a sort of serial code like Youtube, so I can edit the post while it's uploading then click sumbit. The link will give an error but when the file will have finished uploading it will start working by itself

JCW

He means he can post a link in a topic before the file is uploaded so he can go off and do whatever and the topic will be ready for people to see and availible for download when the song has uploaded.

Season 8

I was going to try mixing a few tunes on Ableton, but that program is one tough nut to crack!

DJ_Omnimaga

I still haven't gotten the hang out of it, altough I'm going to still continue trying for a while, plus Quade mentionned his mix was done in it, meaning even more possibilities.

I'm still wanting to try what I wanted to try for a while with Music 2002, though, because I might have found a way to be able to use a joypad instead of keyboard, so if I am able to setup the keys to be as close as possible as the keys for Music 2000 PS1 on emulator this might make it easier for me to use.

Symphony

Finally I get around the site again.  :)
Had some busy last weeks with lots of exams and the so called "Facharbeit"...hell lot of work, glad it's all done and now I have an entire week to chill and be a lazy bone.  ;D

Just wanted to say thanks to you Omnimaga for the increased upload cap.  :) As many of my songs exceeded the old limit (and I didn't want to use a file-sharing site as the links just die after some time x.x), I'm very glad to be able to upload some more of my tunes in the future!

Best regards,

Symphony ~
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

Symphony

Thanks for the warm welcome mates.   :D
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~