Not a Number - Icarus Lives! {Periphery cover} [Progressive Electronica]

Started by Not a Number, January 14, 2011, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Oh looky here, Neo's done yet another electronica remix of a metal song.

Song name: Icarus Lives!
File type: YouTube -> mp3 (Mediafire)
Length: 3:12
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:

Mathcore, Hardcore, I-don't-bloody-know-core. :P
A recreation of "Icarus Lives!" by progressive metal band Periphery. Found a Guitar Pro file of the song, exported it to MIDI, and the rest is history.

Most annoying thing about making this mix was those bloody triplet notes; just made it that little more frustrating (I even said "screw that" to one section, since it was asking me to do 1/48th notes, so I just did 1/16ths instead - I draw the line at 1/24th, sorry.).

Remix:

Original: (for comparison, so no-one can call me out on "accidentally" making certain sections go out of time :P)

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

lol "i-dont-bloody-know-core".  but anyways, dis some hardcore shit dude!! i fuckin luv it.

.:DJ Droppin:.

Impressive....I enjoyed watching the video of the MUSIC 2000 screen as much as hearing the song! LOL ...
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

MATE!
I abosultey freaking love this. I must admit I've never heard the song or of the band before...but your electronica version it reminds me almost like NIN , very Trent Reznor...just epically taking the guitar riffs , placing them onto the synth...but what I loved most of all is that u kept the drums metal.
Amazing.