copywrite

Started by pillagemyvillage, April 07, 2008, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

does anyone have tracks copywrited?
if you do, how did you get it?  

DJ_Omnimaga

not myself, I heard it is possible in USA but I dont remember how you do it. I have no idea about how to do it in Canada x.x

Unforgotten Village Idiot

right now, i am trying to get a record deal with Just Joe Records.

If i do... my songs will be copywrited.  :blink:  
I am The Unforgotten.

zapphnath

I know that mailing a letter to yourself with your idea/manuscript inside and keeping it unopened has always been a valid way to prove ownership of written material.  The postmark tells when you mailed it, thus proving that you had this idea/manuscript completed as of that day.  I wonder if there's a digital-age alternative.
Perhaps, if you found an online storage company that keeps meticulous records of when an item was uploaded, you could zip up the mp3 and any other pertinent files (anything you think may help to prove it's yours) and load them onto the storage servers.
If the question of ownership ever comes up, you can prove, at least, when you uploaded it to that server.  It's the same basic concept as the snail-mail routine.

mesemdilo

look,

in all the music industry they got the taste of ripping, stealing, and making advance of your song.
even if your song is copyrighted, and good protected,
the gates still stays open about stealing the melody, ore some notes of it,
like rihana stoled some michael jackson beats and rythm in "please don't stop the music" :o

you can protect your compleet song, the concept of the song the tittle,
but the listeners, can do what they can do,

MSD, muskitos here in my room, god dammed! :o

JulianNachash

I actually enjoy the idea of free-sharing.  Regardless of copyrights, I, and everyone else who can recognize my style, knows that my songs are mine.  And, if anyone wants proof, I have the memory cards.  No one else can say that. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright - As mesemdilo stated, people are inevitably going to share, steal, rip, burn, slice, mix, remix and ultimately change your art.  It's been happening to artists since the first beat was placed on an animal-hide drum.  Get used to it.
------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/

DJ_Omnimaga

True, I know if I ever sell one of my tune that it's gonna be online the next week if it's popular. It's impossible to stop this. However, I feel that this way, despite your sales being lower, it makes you more popular (providing DJ Cammy, DJ Rankin or DJ Limmer or the like won't rip off your song, put a donk on top of it or pitch it up then rename it as their own and get even more popular instead of yourself). In the end maybe your sales will increase since you'll be more known.

I doubt I'll sell much of my stuff though because I usually don't go too mainstream in my style

JulianNachash

Honestly, and this is coming from the heart, I don't want to be famous.  I just want people to enjoy the music as much as I do.  ;)
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/