TIMGUL moves to SMF system

Started by DJ Omnimaga, April 28, 2008, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

TIMGUL website is finally ditching Invision Power Board 1.3.1 to move to Simple Machines Forum system. The reason for this move is mainly for security and more up to date (and free software). There may still be some adjustments to be done on the forums but you should be able to continue posting and uploading new songs.

Note that you may have some troubles logging in, so you may need to delete your cookies and login again.

RyceBeetz

at first i thought i was in the wrong forum..hahaha...this is gonna take a few visits to get used to...but i liiikkeeee...

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah, same here. Personally I liked the old system better. However it had so many security exploits that people could upload anything on the FTP any day and it put my hosting account in danger, as they used it without respecting the 1and1.com term of services, so i could have got my site shutted down for TOS violations

Not a Number

iku

...let the music flow through your vains...

pillagemyvillage

yeah im liking the new look! i like that i can see my awesome picture in all its glory at the top of the screen, kinda like facebook for musicians lol!  :D

zapphnath

Hey, DJ!

Is it true we can, now, upload as many as 9 songs, up to 12000kB, per post?
That's what it says just below where you load your "Attachment", on the "New Topic" page.

If so, is that because of the new system?

DJ_Omnimaga

unfortunately the webserver limits files to 6 MB each, I'm not even sure multiple file uploads will work fine either. All i know is that each file have to be 6 MB or below, meaning 128 Kbps sound quality 44.1 KHz

zapphnath

Okay, so it's the same as before, that's cool.

NegativeSmoke

DJ_Omnimaga

Dude, I told you in the other topic we were fine with SMF, and I am not gonna invest in a $200 software for a forum that has 2300 posts. If it was a business or something, then yes, but not a small forum out there.

I will do what I want. Please stop harrassing me about IPB.Pro/VBB

this is not to mention that IPB.Pro is full of exploits. Everytime they find a lot of them, and I hear a lot about IPB 2.x forums getting cracked even if they have the lastest version.

Also I have to worry about being able to pay my rent before shelling away $200 on an internet software.

TourqeGlare

Neat-ness!

I had better get to work then on some new stuff to share. :)

MTV-MG-Rube-Goldberg away!!
All songs were made between 2001 and 2005,
unless otherwise noted)

I am not a proper musician, I do this for fun.
My songs suffer because of that...

I am more adept in the following:

My art:
http://tourqeglare.deviantart.com/

My novels:
http://stores.lulu.com/TourqeGlare

netham45

shiny! You should make the reply, etc... buttons stand out more, though. took me a bit of looking to find reply, heh.