Rising Spirits- Take 2 (mp3) After TIMGUL

Started by 147 crew, June 07, 2008, 09:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

Been updating some of my tunes, liked this one to start with but Seipher commented on a paticular sample that sounds quite clicky and overpowering. Sample replaced with something a bit softer and as I was changing that I decided to add more percussion and melodies..sample is 808tom (MUSIC2000) it is in a few of my tunes, Sting of Tellus it is quite annoying..updating some, but Sting of Tellus has evolved so can't alter original..doesn't sound too bad through headphones, but you definitely wanna make good use of the subs..

Other 2 versions of Rising spirits available

EDIT- sample is actually 909wood but 808tom is just as annoying  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

I like this. I like DnB when it has lot of hihats and not just beat. :)

147 crew

yeah this has loads of percussion, struggle to find decent hats but yr point has been taken onboard..gonna try n make some new stuff as I can't seem to finish the tunes I already have  ???

pillagemyvillage

your bass always has that grimey funk(?). that is a real compliment as most dnb fans look for that in a tune... (not like pendulum who have turned emo).
real tight percussion as usual... this has a similar feel to a few of your other tunes...
lovin the bass at around 2:30... quite atmospheric actually, good work... i can see a dis-used air raid shelter and a whole lot of people havin it  8)

147 crew

lol

Pendulum, I like..but their new one  ???

I'm using quite a few of the same samples lately, mainly beats n snares..when I load the sample palette there isn't that many hats to choose from, it helps me having the samples listed on my videos..good reference point

NEW BASS/MELODY ADDED at 2m30..plays at the end aswell..

Thanks loads for yr comments.. lot of time, lovin n YOI