HUDSON HEAT

Started by Hudson Heat, July 12, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Heat

I am new to the site and I would like to upload some wav files I have saved to my cpu...could somebody tell me how to do this? I have some good stuff...I think...but I would like to get feedback.

DJ_Omnimaga

Hi and welcome here :)

Assuming you have your Music 2000/3000/MTVMG/Digital Hitz songs on the PC you need a software to convert them to mp3 or wma. I recommend mp3 as it is easier to download/upload, and the most used file format online. Audacity software (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) comes with a mp3 plugin that allow you to save files as mp3 I think. Else it can be downloaded somewhere else from google and installed in the appropriate audacity folder, following instructions. Basically with that you just open your wav file in Audacity and save in mp3 format. I am unsure what bitrate Audacity is set to by default though. In Edit->Preferences->File Format at the bottom there should be mp3 settings. 192k is the best ratio between sound quality and file size, but on this forum you might need to choose 128 instead if your song is over 5 minutes long. Max file size is 6 MB.

Not a Number

You'll need to download the LAME encoder as well so you can export as mp3, as Audacity doesn't come packaged with this.

However, this can be easily found on Google as well.

DJ_Omnimaga

mhmm strange for me when I first got Audacity (I think it was around 2005 or 2006) it came with Lame, maybe they changed this.

But yeah, you can upload wma and ogg too, but not everyone uses Windows so Linux and Macintosh users might not be able to play them and very few people can open ogg files, even if some people consider them better than mp3s