PillageMyVillage (Crystal Clear productions)

Started by pillagemyvillage, August 15, 2008, 07:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

well, my self titled track... and it is 174bpm!  ;D
i posted this in the dnb section, although it could be posted in the trance section too!
ive a couple of influences here - paul kelly, high contrast and orbital.
i like the vibe and in some ways its alot different for me.
the melody is very trancey and sometimes uplifting. the percussion is a dnb beat but alot more relaxed
as i dont like the harder stuff too much.
the bass is quite simple and compliments the melody nicely.
i hope you enjoy and listen from start to finish as there are many layers to this tune.
thanks for listening and i always appreciate your comments.  :D

quade77

Hey pillage, again a really nice well made tune dude, yes very different to what you normally do as its D&B but you pulled it off really well, still got the PmV influences in there with your trade mark trance style, base was meaty sounding and i did find the melody's quite uplifting. im the same as you when it comes to D&B i don't like the heavy stuff, more of a LTJ Bookem vibe rather then say a fabio or groove rider, i think with a little tweaking you could take out the percussion put a standard 4 step beat in there, slow it down, replace some of the sounds and adjust slightly and your on your way to a cool trance remix  ;D sorry i just love trance so much lol but yes man well done another awesomely well made track from the pillage,

i think i'm gonna have a game of battlefield 2 online on the ps2 this afternoon then I'm gonna get on some new tunes on MTVMG2 and see what i can do, i have so many ready for the upload so not really been making any new stuff yet, had a few fuck up on me, lost my best tune i have ever done a few months back with i told you about, also got 2 really great tunes witch i cant add no more to as no matter what i do they keep going wrong on me :-\ then there's the truly awesome dark Planet witch is my baby at the moment, but she is all finished and not really to much more i can do to that tune, as its almost 1000kb or mb whatever it is? lol when i save it in the memory card lol as it has voice samples from a old manga cartoon in it. witch sound fucking awesome by the way, you will be surprised lol i got one of them MTVMG2 USB mics and jack lead years ago, so i can take samples from anything with a earphone socket lol anyway my friend surely it wont be much longer now, thanks for your patience, im hoping next weekend if all uploads well :) peace quade77  ;D

Seipher

wicked quality as always, you need to make more dnb tunes man ;)

DJ_Omnimaga

wow this is awesome, nice DnB mix with trance element. One of my favourite from you :)

When downloaded this this went directly through my "TIMGUL Rave Mix" folder on my pc lol

I need to start doing DnB but I have no idea what sample I should use for the snare. High Hit seems like a good option but it wouldn't sound like most DnB here maybe. I guess I will try out other stuff

DarkBliss

Top class dnb and trance expertly fused together to create yet another classic Pillage tune. Lovin it, excellent, excellent work.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

pillagemyvillage

thanks for the comments, it makes it all worth while...
this was an interesting tune to make, because of the different style.
what i like most is the way it breezes through each transition, in a nice uplifting style.
this is in no way dark or gritty like some dnb, but then that was the aim!
i find mtvmg2 is pretty good for dnb.
sinetime bass is, as ever, awesome. and then some of the photek percussion hits are awesome too particually the snare you hear in this tune (cant remember its name lol!).
well it was nice to try a new style and yet inprint my own style on the track too!

DJ_Omnimaga

I never got able to find good percussion for DnB myself or find out which basslines to use with my drums, I guess I should experiment with MTVMG2 more to see if there isn't more samples to do it. My major problem for drums is mostly the snare. You did a nice job on this song

147 crew

will listen to the tune real soon, getting quite excited actually..hearing the names and references..LTJ Bukem high contrast, orbital..plus the praise obviously

One thing I hate bout Dnb writing is the snare, sooo hard to find good ones..High hit is not too bad though

Petite can sound quite funky (MUSIC2000)

147 crew

I love the Euphoric Trance feel, your strings are perfect, I wouldn't class this as Dnb though..Couldn't hear any Subs  :(  (No dirtyness)
The melodies r great and the sound of the initial beat/snare is very smooth..favourite part was towards the end..Lovin the tempo though  :D

First uplifting Dnb I think i've heard  8)

pillagemyvillage

hmmm so not dnb..... what genre would this be? the beat is dnb in construction and the bpm 174.
as for the rest, maybe im not sure!

DJ_Omnimaga

Well, actually I would classify this as some form of breakbeat, altough technically breakbeat is kinda like jungle/old skool happy hardcore. However since the DnB section allows such genres I guess it is in the right section at least ^^

147 crew

Yeah enjoying the tempo, as I said the Beat/Combo is great..Been working on "the Nasty" for ages, had soo many changes..But I mean some big subs is always nice, wait til you hear on yr BIG Mommas,(Speakers.)  :D

But it feels quite trancy/ey? Anyway yeah I thinks it's in the right place, Alls welcome in the Dnb room

the Nasty coming soon..

crimzon doom

nice work and as always your sound is top quality..have to agree with you has that high contrast sound which is drum and bass no doubt...10/10
\\\\\\\"citius altius fortius\\\\\\\"

Irndemon

This is about as trancey as dnb could get.Though i havent heard many of your tracks.
Sounds a lot like john b style electro trance n bass and high contrast Good work ;)