DAMN IT!!

Started by RyceBeetz, August 16, 2008, 12:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyceBeetz

so my ps2 died...it doesnt read disks anymore...i turns on and i can see the memory cards and such, but it wont read....if it does, theres a clicking noise...so sad.... :'(

DJ_Omnimaga

ouch this sucks, on my side my PC is starting to do that too x.x, I hope the DVD player doesn't die for good too soon.

I hope you can get your PS2 repaired or another one

pillagemyvillage

aha! this happened to me many times... i turn on the ps2 and theres a few clicking noises and then nothing, just the browser screen... i once sat for many hours trying to get mtvmg2 to work!
it was many weeks later that it suddenly just worked!
maybe you should continue trying to load it...
i think it is a problem with the older bigger ps2...
dont give up tho your tunes are excellent!

147 crew

Yeah that sucks!! As pillage,(Adam.) said don't give up tryin' as mine also got a bit screwed up..I have the older/bigger PS2. I used a lens cleaning disc and now it works fine..maybe it's just that 1 game??

EBAY...

DJ_Omnimaga

Does the old big PS2 has incredibly long loading time and playback problems with Music 2000? I mean, notes getting missed during playback. On the small PS2 for me loading some riffs or notes in Music 2000 takes between 10 seconds and 2 minutes.

147 crew

Before I got my cleaner it took forever to load, but now i'd say from turning on the PS2 to playin' is around 1m30 at the most..probably quicker than all my others which are looking rather dusty  :D

pillagemyvillage

in my case it was strange, the motor sometimes takes a while to hit full running speed.
i had to borrow my friends new smaller ps2 to use mtvmg2.
and then after many weeks i decided to try mtvmg2 on my bigger ps2 for a laugh and then it worked!
now sometimes it doesnt load for the first few times starting up but then loads eventually.
i did blow in every part of the ps2 and shake it etc. maybe it is the lens and 147's advice on the lens cleaner is a good idea... failing all of that depending on how much you want it you could buy a smaller ps2 2nd hand. ive seen them for as little as £30!
on an older ps2 i never had any probs with music 2000 except for the odd crash.

147 crew

Yeah the lens cleaner is well worth it, think it was £4 from the local supermarket, i've had to use it twice but it's so good!!

RyceBeetz

Im sooo relieved now!!! i bought compressed air and spryed the lense area...and it works now...i was so excited i made a song...check it out...

http://www.mtv-music-generator.com/index.php?topic=875.0

DJ_Omnimaga