vocals

Started by spacekid890, August 18, 2008, 12:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacekid890

me and a pal was think about making a cover version of a song that we love and he would proveide the vocals himself, but we have no idea how to add them to my music other than windows movie maker.any other suggestions would be a great help thanks. ;D

Casper AudioGhost

i have done some vocal track my self with magix music maker 10 deluxe.i'm pretty sure there are some free ware programs that allow you to record mutlitracks including vocals.another way would be to record the sond to cd and use a karaoke player connected to the line in.i'm not sure if this app would be help ful but there is a freeware karaoke player that may allow this
www.karafun.com
wait i found this on freewarefiles
http://www.freewarefiles.com/REAPER-Last-Freeware-Version_program_43366.html

good luck and i'm looking forward to hearing your track            casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

I think audacity can let you record vocals as well. You just play the music file in a different software and press record in audacity and start signing through your mic. You can't play the song directly in audacity while recording something else though because you will hear nothing. That's a limitation to audacity

Not a Number

Being a vocalise myself, from experience, don't try and record your vocals all at once, always stop every few lines (2 or 4 is best). This is due to the vocals somehow getting themselves out of sync. This happens a lot to my PC, but that's due to it being quite low spec; if yours isn't too high spec either (for reference, mine's only got 512MB RAM and that's it; everything else is onboard), I wholeheartedly recommend this.

spacekid890

excellent,thanks for all ur help guys i will have a mess around with some of this stuff see witch one works best for me. my friend is away on holiday at the mo so ill finish the music side first and find some time for us to do the vocals, probably after a few beers to losen up lol

Not a Number

Also, here's another tip I found off the 'net a week or so ago:

Depending on the type of microphone you use (for reference, I use a cheap headset microphone), if it still records in mono (try speaking on one side of the microphone and then the other; if there's no change in pan then it's mono), then do the following: (it's similar to the Yellow Stereo method I posted in another thread)

- Once all the vocals are recorded, merge them into one sound channel (use the Quick Mix funciton).
- Make two copies of the channel.
- Pan one of them 100% to the left (although 50% should work as well) and pan the other the same amount to the right.
- Select all of the Left track and apply the Low Pass Filter. Leave the settings as it is.
- Now select all of the Right track and apply the High Pass Filter. Again, leave the settings alone.
- Make both of those two channels quieter by 9.0 dB using the Amplify function.
- Instant stereo!

pillagemyvillage

im telling ya always listen to not a number lol! he's a technical genius!
also audioghosts advice would be good, as the vocals in his tracks sound awesome, check out 'change yourself' - bloody superb!

Not a Number

I'm no genius, I just go overboard with things. :P

(also being a singer-songwriter myself helps quite a bit.  :D)