Dance Mission X

Started by KalsolarUK, November 07, 2007, 09:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KalsolarUK

Another tune that I made in 1999 with the first of the Music generator programs. This was in fact the last one I made with that before I moved on to using music 2000 / mtv music generator.

I made a video for this too using its video making program. I actually made videos for all of my tunes which are viewable on youtube. My user name on there is also KalsolarUK.

DJ_Omnimaga

this is a nice song, I also see it has good quality recording, I asume you play on a PSOne emulator for PC, right?

KalsolarUK

In order to keep the sound quality I connected the ps1 to my dvd recorder via the scart socket, recorded everything on dvd then ripped the music off the dvd with the pc. This also allowed me to copy the videos onto dvd too.

What versions do you currently use or have used?

DJ_Omnimaga

Nice idea, I didn't knew about this, I assumed someone who played on Ps1 hooked his tv headphone port with the pc microphone port using a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable at $5 from Radioshack or Circuit City, but I remember doing this and the sound quality wasn't as great. Still not bad though, it was about the same quality than audio cassette.

I only used MTV Music Generator (which is called Music 2000 in Europe) for Playstation 1 and PC so far, but I don't like the PC version because the controls are so annoying and not user friendly and it crashes quite often since I use Windows XP and it was for 95/98/NT/2000. I think the PC version was never released in Europe, but I'm not sure about this. It allowed 99 sound channels instead of 24, had much more sound memory and allowed importing wav files and saving songs as wav files, but again it was pretty unstable.

For now I use the playstation version of MTV Music Generator on ePSXe, which is a Playstation emulator for PC. I record songs using Audacity which can be found at http://audacity.sourceforge.net so I get CD-like quality. It requires insane computer ressources though but I am quite fine on my Pentium IV 2.95 GHz.

I currently have to use a pirated copy of the game because the Playstation copy I bought in 2002 which I still own doesn't work anymore :(

Below is attached a screenshot of the PC version of Music 2000, released in USA one year after the original PSone version

KalsolarUK

I tried a demo version of mtv Mg2 / music 2000 for pc a few years ago but did'nt get the full version and just carried on using the playstation version which oddly I found the controls more user friendly. I bought a playstation mouse thinking this would make the ps1 version even easier but it was far more awkward than just using normal control pad, lol.

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah I think Music 2000 with mouse isn't really user friendly, PSone or not, it's just easier with controller because of the easier to remember shortcuts

EDIT: I uploaded almost all my songs now but I still have another dozen (bad sound quality though) to upload  :blink:  

Gruvenheimer

Is that buzz bass year?

This is catchy and danceable.

Also plays out very smoothly.

Good work!
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]