Infinity part 1 & 2 (old demo version)

Started by Not a Number, February 12, 2008, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Note: Both songs were created on Music 2000 for the PSX, although the game itself was run on a PlayStation emulator, so the songs may skip a little.

Name: Infinity part 1
Length: 12:00
File type: mp3 [Download link]
Description:
The first part of the Infinity suite; each section revolves around the concept of "everything lasts forever", thus the name "Infinity". I was originally going to record a vocal section (sung by yours truly :D), but due to the fact that Section IV was way too long (I was hoping on having Part 1 being 12:00 exactly) and Part 2 being too short, this song was scrapped and rewritten (I've already recorded the new Part 1 and am in the process of creating Part 2), which is a shame because I was quite proud of some of this song (Especially when I'm not very good at creating instrumental sections anyway).
- I was going to have more instruments playing, but I ran out of sound memory (Taking up 2 Blocks)
- I took a lot of inspiration from the song Octavarium by Dream Theater; this can be seen from the fading-in synth chord at the start, the sudden change of riff between the sections "One" and "Always Here".
Movements:
I: "One" 00:00 - 2:51 (2:51)
II: "Always Here" 02:51 - 05:57 (3:06)
III: "Part I: Ready" 05:57 - 06:52 (0:55)
III: "Part II: Go" 06:52 - 08:48 (1:56)
IV: "One (Reprise)" 08:48 - 12:00 (3:12)

Name: Infinity part 2
Length: 0:32
File type: mp3 [Attached file]
Description:
The second and last part of the Infinity suite. Not much can be said about this song, what with it being 32 seconds long. It's advised that this is listened to right after Part 1; it completes the "musical flow" of the Infinity suite, especially when Part 1 plays right after it as well.
Movements:
V: "Always Here (Reprise)" 00:00 - 00:32

pillagemyvillage

nice use of the game riffs sounds very nice.
i love hearing those riffs again and youve done a quality job in bringing them together, nice 1!

DJ_Omnimaga

wow indeed, i like the songs, the beat is pretty nice :)