Heaven Highway -Past-

Started by J-MACHine, January 08, 2011, 10:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

A tune heavily inspired by the Japanese version of the soundtrack from Sonic CD, which was very early-90s-techno/house inspired. One of the best tunes i've done in a while, i reckon.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Not a Number

When I saw the title, I could already tell there was a Sonic CD influence.

Listening to it, I can definitely hear the influence too. (though in my opinion, it sounds more like a Present theme if you ask me. :P) Manages to catch the vibe and the influence backs it up. Great work.

(can't remember which Sonic CD OST he's not heard - it's the one with You Can Do Anything, which I think is from the JAP soundtrack.)

Master Dutch

yes! Nice pro sounding OST J....Cool drums and the bass was groovin....

J-MACHine

Cheers, you two!

@ NaN - Yeah, You Can Do Anything was from the JAP soundtrack. If you haven#t heard it, seriously, go give the OST a listen; the American one is good in it's own right, but in my mind, it never really QUITE fit the game. The JAP Sonic CD soundtrack is, to me, the atypical Sonic OST. It just sounds so perfectly matched to the series (well, the Oldschool series) that i'm shocked the style was never really followed up on in any other game. But, hey, thats the way things go. And the song kinda mixes elements of a Good Future, Present, and Past song, i just felt it fit Past the most. Mostly the part which features the solo using the 'Flute Hit' sample.

DJ Eddy

I love Sonic games and i can imagine this in one.
Proper grovey bass and great strings in the background.
Does sound pro m8....great stuf.
Cheers

J-MACHine

Thanks, Eddy! Glad you like it man.

Fear 2 Stop®

One thing I really need to comment on is the effective use of the sub sine bass (or is it sub square?...no, it's Alien!) Not an easy riff to use effectively, but you did it well. I'm not familiar with music from the Sonic series, as I only really played the original and Sonic Adventure 2. That in mind, I loved this!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

Ahahaha, it's fine, I'm not as much of a fan of Sonic as I used to be- though I'm aware my current avitar may be misleading with that claim.
Yeah, Alien's a really nice little sample, but it's a bugger to use. I think I actually had two versions of it loaded; one version unedited, and one with the pitch-shift at the end axed off and looped. Though I could be wrong and I could've just used the 'super gate' volume envelope and carefully placed/decided what length the bass notes should be. I've done both of the same sort of thing with riff's like Alien before.
Glad you liked it man!