Knowlesy00 ~ The Evil That Men Do

Started by Қлөщłєşү[¤¤], June 06, 2011, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Not gonna lie I thought about how I could come on an say " was taking a little break " but the truth was I tried n tried to write something last week but it was either crap or I was like "oh thats quite it could probably be improved" but I ended up scrapping alot of stuff.
Knowing that I was up against the dreaded writers block. I spent the weekend , as long as I could listening to music.
Last night I turned music back on and picked up the guitar and this is what came out.

The Evil That Men Do
Hello Zepp (Saw Theme) [Charlie Clouser]
The Catalyst (Demo) [Linkin Park]

---------------------------------------------

Wrote " Manacles " whilst having my dinner. It struck me that though I describe some tracks as " Two Steps from Hell-like " I haven't tried my hand at writing Movie Trailer music...so this is what it is...its there if you want a listen.

CIAO!

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

damn bro, these tracks are beast.  i really luv "The Evil That Men Do"... that track sounds like a wicked ass symphony from hell :)... and "Hello Zepp" is EPIC (very goddamn impressive).

Fear 2 Stop®

Love the piano opening on The Evil That Men Do (great title, btw). Would work great on a Resident Evil game (the REAL ones with zombies, not the overrated shit they put out now lol)

Hello Zepp- Great intro as usual that for some reason makes me think of something from the Metroid series. I LOVE the plucked bass samples. Beat is awesome once it comes in. Great use of the deep space EP softsynth sample.

Is The Catalyst a cover? It shows up as Linkin Park in Winamp, so not sure. I don't listen to current music so I wouldn't know, but sounds good regardless. Interested in seeing how this turns out. Good sample choices.

If you wrote Manacles while having dinner, I wanna know what you were eating!

Great work all around...keep it up!

Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

A big thank you to Z n F2S for the comments. Really glad you liked em guys.

@F2S - thanks alot m8. With the Evil That Men Do it was one of the classic Knowlesy " hmmm I dunno " I think that with the number of segments and changes I didn't really know what to make of it. Most tracks I do have a repetitive main melody or chord progression with one or more layered melodys to keep up the interest. But it has really grown on me.

Zepp - I'd really have to agree here , my favourite part is just after the intro with the plucked bass. I was really going for the sort of pluck cello sound to build into the string section.

Catalyst - Yeh its a cover mate , its pretty much the ending of the song. The whole throw is pads and sfx which should'nt (I hope) be to hard I just wanted to make sure I could actually get the sound for the synth. Sat with my guitar an tabbed it out on youtube , so I really was'nt sure if it was accurate lol.

Manacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.  :(

Fear 2 Stop®

QuoteManacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.

LMFAO...I was eating pizza while I was listening to it. Synergy!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Quote from: Fear 2 Stop® on June 11, 2011, 08:07:48 PM
QuoteManacles - lol I was eating Pizza...and it was good...got a bit cold towards the end.

LMFAO...I was eating pizza while I was listening to it. Synergy!

Just goes to show , crazy mofos think alike  8)