Resolution

Started by pillagemyvillage, September 09, 2008, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

well after a long time away (damn virus  :'() it would be rude to not return with a tune wouldnt it!?
this piece is quite progressive with the usual hard elements pasted onto softer elements...
maybe quite a thoughtful piece late on with many layers (although not as many as bass launch lol!)
the tune just missed out on the maximum attachment size allowed, but shouldnt take long to upload as its mp3...
well its good to be back, and i hope you like the tune!  :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbbfkzoiro0/RESOLUTION.mp3

DJ_Omnimaga

wow I love that clap sample, what did you used for it. Also nice bass, quite hard. It reminds me Starwoosh in overall but harder. Really nice job Pillagemyvillage :)

quade77

wow, fantastic tune, the beat is so punchy, has a real snap to it, i love the style of it too mate, very trancey and the trade mark PMV dreamy breakdowns, i think this is one of your best, i really do, hope i can get mine to sound as clean and crisp as you get yours, when i upload them, do you do anything to your tunes on the PC to make them sound better? like tweak the EQ or something? and what kickdrum did you use at the drop in at about 28 seconds? do you have a USB sampler?

again amazing tune mate  ;D quade

pillagemyvillage

many thanks guys.
the clap is televiz and the kick drums are cremie on C and headache on C#.
i dont have anything on my laptop to make the tunes sound any better. i just record using all the defaults.
nakamura, i guess i do hit good tunes and then bad ones. i feel that im at my highest level now.
ive had mtvmg2 for around 7 years now but ive only used it full on for 2. fanfare was prob just a good day.
i have tunes that i make and like initially and then after a couple of plays i think 'what was i thinking'.
i try to experiment as much as possible so the results are sometimes bad. i think my dnb tune came out ok, but my next tune which will be finished soon i feel is maybe another fanfare...
oh and quade i dont have a usb sampler, but would love one!!

DJ_Omnimaga

I guess he was joking in the way that the tune was so addictive that it made it bad but in fact it means it's too awesome, unless I am wrong lol x.x

and I hope I can find a usb sampler at one point, so I can import stuff iN MTVMG2. It's a shame they got rid of CD ripping options in MTVMG2, it was an amazing feature in Music 2000

I can't wait for your next tunes

DarkBliss

Nice to see you back, Pillage. As always this is sheer class, you know the score by now, there`s nothing else I can say!
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

pillagemyvillage

well i appreciate constuctive critisism because it makes me want to do better.
and thankyou nakamura (and the rest of you guys) for your constant listening.

im in the process of tweeking all my tunes to make them 'perfect'. my latest tune will be ready in a couple of days and then i will prob have enough decent tunes to make an album...
so what i intend to do is perfect all my music using techniques ive learnt in the past year and applying them to all my tunes. i will then spend a whole day re-recording every track and then re post on here.

oh and nakamura, fancy selling your usb sampler?  ;)
and will you be uploading any tunes as id love to listen!!  :)

.:DJ Droppin:.

As I so often do I listen to transitions/breakdowns...
I really like the one at 6:02 ... Your ending melody/sequences are great.

Really nice, relaxing, peaceful vibe and flow to it....  :)
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Teabags

Yo pillage  ;D,

I'm very into my late-90s, early 00s trance music - they don't make it like they used to anymore. Nothing touches Sash! and N-Trance.

Anyway, it's the first of your tracks I've heard, and as your reputation suggests, it's damn good! It's a very clean, yet catchy track, euthoric and yet chilled. As people have said, love the last 2 minutes. I shall have to check out this hallowed "Fanfare" track!
So many ideas, so little time.

RyceBeetz

sweet track pillage...like always...i agree with omni...i does have a starwooshy sound to it....its not a bad thing...but yeah keep it up...and ill be back with another song soon enough...this track would probably be another inspiration haha...just waiting for my finals to fly through...1 more week till a week break yaaay....