TIMGUL forums breaks the 9000 posts bar

Started by DJ Omnimaga, February 25, 2009, 04:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear 2 Stop®

Awesome!

A couple of days ago, we thought Timgul was dead. Now, it's better than ever.
Good deal!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah I was pretty worried. My hope is that we (and when I say we I mean everyone) can move on from what happened and eventually forget and continue making music like if it didn't happen.

Seeing how it ended well, I guess we will probably get more and more active in the future, unless a massive amount of active users decided to move on to other things, but I doubt this will happen considering a lot of users have been active the entire time.

I think it will continue to grow because even if we risen in google rankings we are still low and we might continue to rise if more and more people put the link to the site in their signatures on other sites or forums and their personal site or submit it to link databases. Also, it seems that retro gaming has become quite popular with the years. People are nostalgic and miss the games from yesterday. Until the recent years only the Atari, SMS and NES were considered as retro gaming, but now the SNES is to and I even heard people talking about PS1 games as "Retro games". Because the PS1 is aging eventually it might be considered as a retro console too, so people will rediscover the old games on them, and because MTVMG is on it, this might interest them and they will seek for a copy legally or... erm... illegally. Seeing how Mario Paint arisen from the death in the past years (look at how many mario paint composing videos there are on youtube and they even now have a forum with 16000 posts http://mariopaintcomposer.proboards56.com/index.cgi and there's even a Bootleg PC version of the SNES composer part of the game) and grew in popularity 16-18 years after its release, this might actually happens with MTVMG series if people rediscovers about the PS1 music programs. Like with Mario Paint composer, people will find it "cool" to make music with MTVMG series and seek for a place exclusively related to it.

The downside with that is that there are big chances that we would get weird members including a lot of 4chan/b/-style peoples if you get what I mean, and there might be some other MTVMG sites starting up by admins not aware we exist yet so there might be competition (not that it's that bad, though, just that some losers might hate us and troll our board), but we will sure get a whole lot of activity increases if this have to happen.

Fear 2 Stop®

That is the funniest thing I've read all day. Why? I discovered this site on a link someone posted in the /b/ forum of 4chan! That is some irony right there.

But seriously, this site's going to take off; I can feel it. Honestly, I hope so, as there are some very talented people here, and I'd love for someone here to "make it" (whatever the hell that means these days), even if it ain't us.

Who knows? Maybe someone does, and/or this site becomes better known, there might be a MG4?
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

Haha nice. Actually I think Mario Paint composer is very popular among *chan.org site users. A lot of popular songs are remixed in it. There are even some of these people who use FL studio to create NES style  music.

As for a MG4, we never know. Jester doesn't seems to listen much to their customers and people asking questions, it seems pretty dead in overall, but maybe if Codemasters got more and more questions about if there will be a MTVMG4 on their forums or if more and more people posted their songs there maybe they will try to find a developper to create one (or make it themselves this time?). It would be cool if it worked similary to MTVMG1. Seeing how a PS1 can make close to professional music, a PS3/360 can surely do more. Else, maybe Ejay will awnser with a Ejay Clubworld 2 for PS3/Xbox 360 or people will try making such softwares through Xbox Live community created games store. There is one music maker for the 360 alerady there called Emuze, but it's still pretty limited, though and none of the riffs can be edited or go together at all.

JCW

I knew you heard of 4chan, F2S. Those images were from the random board. And congratulations Omni, OVER 9,000000000000!! What, 9,000?!

DJ_Omnimaga

Yes, IT'S OVER 9000!!!! And Fear 2 Stop new avatar makes me feel dizzy when I stare at it for a while :D

Not a Number

What 9000? There's no way that can be right!

Fear 2 Stop®

DJ Ryznup

Wow, this is cool, I'm sure with all the activity that this site has started having the last few months and with all the people continually joining we'll reach 10,000 and beyond in no time.

TIMGUL IS RYZNUP!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

DJ_Omnimaga

Actually activity risen for a while. Since January at least I would say. SInce september we got more and more traffic and since January the post rate risen. We broke a record in one day with the recent argument but even if this never happened we would still have broke the 9K mark now