Clense our Spirits (Starlight Valley Theme) [ORCHESTRAL, CHOIR, SOUNDTRACK]

Started by J-MACHine, October 12, 2010, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Done for a contest being held by the staff behind the A-FUCKING-MAZING comic, Memoria, the latest (and last) in a long line of webcomics with a interconnecting plotline based on the japanese RPG series,  the Mother series. ... Or, to those not in the know, the series that those kids Ness and Lucas come from in Super Smash Bros.
You can check out the comic here (go on, it's more then worth it; http://memoria.valice.net/?p=77 )

The contest has the optional theme of being based on the events in a location the cast has wound up in around the current spate of updates, which is a small, backwater town wherein every townsperson is part of a cult that worships and bases their beliefs around a dragon (it... makes much more sense in context, i assure you), and constantly have their faces hidden behind stylized dragon masks, wear very dull, muted colours, and seem to be relentlessly happy. I wanted to craft a song for the town in question, and decided to go a 'no synth sounds' route; the only slight use of synth was in the edited choir samples, to give them an otherwordly, unnatural feel. I then mixed that up with some acoustic percussion, and even stuck in a faux "scratchy vinyl recording" section with an organ sound that needs but one insane 'holy' man/woman's speech to undercut the atmosphere i was going for.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™