Coming Soon - A Work of Incredible Genius

Started by Gruvenheimer, March 09, 2008, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruvenheimer

This is the first song I ever did, the first night I loaded the software. Pretty straightforward use of the provided riffs. I loved MTVMG so much I loaded and loaded samples until I crashed the program. LOL. Then I had to go back and optimize the sample list and delete sounds ... it is a crazy song, but I still enjoy it today.

I burned it to CD that same night, and I listened to it over and over in amazement until the batteries gave out in my CD player, about 3am. LOL. I have made a few remixes of 'Coming Soon', this one I included (Verbal Burble Mix) is pretty ... um, different. Think 'Art of Noise'.

Just realized, as I link the songs, this isn't THE original, this is an edit I did a few years later, but the basic integrity is there. Mostly I went in and cleaned up some clicking, smoothed in some fade in and out of vocal samples, and also added the ticka-ticka you here to the left (to sort of give the track a thread).

Enjoy!

Coming Soon - A Work of Incredible Genius

Coming Soon - Verbal Burble Mix
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

.:DJ Droppin:.

Nice work. I like the 1st track with the crazy samples and how you changed tempo with them. Your 2nd track I like even better. Nice job.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

DJ_Omnimaga

the second reminds me a bit of reggae and hip hop together, nice songs :)