TIMGUL mix 3?

Started by pillagemyvillage, April 27, 2008, 08:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

after listening to timgul mix 2 many times i was wondering if there would be another mix?
there are so many more new artists and tunes on here now.
such variety!
and the good news is that alot are trance/harder tracks which makes for a perfect end of mix...
also i reckon a 'best of' timgul mix would be really cool too!  :D  

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah there has been an increasing amount of dance music posting nowadays, I am thinking about doing a new one. Not now though, as I am a bit busy x.x

pillagemyvillage

yeah no worries i know how that feels!
ive just listened to darkbliss's new track with the liam gallagher sample... really good and i think would make a great intro to a mix! not sure about any copywrite issues but still if poss would be awesome!

DJ_Omnimaga

well as usual i ask permission to people if they want a tune in the mix, and then I add it somewhere.

Of course it need to be a certain sound quality though.. IIRC some DarkBliss tunes had some hiss/buzz effect like old tapes or antenna TV so I may have difficulty adding some tunes if I am unable to remove it without losing too much quality. I had to do this with Up Roar in Timgul Mix 2 :(

DarkBliss

Yeah, sorry about that, a lot of older stuff (from my Sadness Through The Strobe Lights album) was done before I had a minidisc player so I had to record everything on to tape.

May I suggest a few tracks that are of a better sound quality as I`d love to be a part of this mix?

I`ll try not to pick any of my more obscure songs!

Fuck Em (Electronic/dance)
Schitzophrenic (Electronic/dance)
Kill The Bad Guy (Electronic/house)
Project One (Electronic/trance)
We Wait (Beats with a hint of old school hip hop)
The Virus (Dance)
Gatekeeper (Electronic/dance)

These were recorded directly from my PS and so have a higher sound quality.

Hope you consider using one as it`d be cool to hear one in a mix! I`ll try and make another tune this wkend too if I have time.

Cheers.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

Mix 3 underway

This one will have no hardcore/dnb though

Not a Number

Could we have a possible tracklist?

DJ_Omnimaga

Well the track list will be posted when the mix is finished along with the mix itself, but I can tell you teh two first tracks are by audioghost and Pillagemyvillage still has at least 3 tracks on this one too

zapphnath

Ha!!  I imagine none of my stuff would ever make it onto a TIMGUL mix, considering the style of music I'm into.  That's cool, though.  You guys keep dancing - I'll stand over here and bang my head by myself.  :)

DJ_Omnimaga

In the future maybe if there are more rock/metal submissions by various people I might try making a mix of rock, but considering I am only into the metal part of rock and only certain metal genres it might be hard for me x.x

Not a Number

Well, my style of music that I make in M2K has a very Progressive rock/metal influence, with regards to weird time signatures (One track alternates between 7/8 and 9/8 in one section and uses 7/8 as a segue), instrumental sections (A proposed track is an instrumental itself) and of course, wtf-lengthed tracks (Whilst there's not many as of yet, I have many epics in my head)

147 crew

NO Dnb.. lol

look forward to hearing the new mix, the previous have been top quality..

you could always add small sections of dnb? 170bpm-178bpm not too much difference  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

Well at some point there are big chances that one mix will only be DnB and hardcore. But Mix 4 will have trance, hardcore and dnb like the two first mixes. The reason why I did a trance mix was the very high amount of trance/euro tracks that got uploaded since March and most of the lastest ones weren't even reaching 135 BPM.

147 crew

I know, the amount of tunes has been staggering! I'm afraid I haven't been able to keep up, in both producing or listening  :-[

DJ_Omnimaga

same here, but it was mostly due to life stuff, which once caused me to not listen to any tunes here for almost a month. I was like 100 tunes behinds, and after I listened to all of them nearly 100 more were posted XD

Not a Number

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 04, 2008, 10:28:18 PM
Well at some point there are big chances that one mix will only be DnB and hardcore. But Mix 4 will have trance, hardcore and dnb like the two first mixes. The reason why I did a trance mix was the very high amount of trance/euro tracks that got uploaded since March and most of the lastest ones weren't even reaching 135 BPM.
I'm surprised you didn't add Nine Hundred And Ninety Nine then. :P (though I've lost the Memory Card file to it now, D:)

DJ_Omnimaga

mhmm I must have missed it. There were so many submissions since March that I forgot which songs were what x.x, so when I did the mix I skimmed over the list and tried to add those I remembered to be trance and added a few by Audioghost. Next mix will probably feature stuff I missed or that didn't fit

Not a Number

I was being sarcastic, admitedly I'm not too keen on 999 myself; I made it out of pure boredom to see if I could make a track at 999BPM, despite it being a halfcover of Moby's "Thousand" (1000 - 1025BPM). :P