Ice - My first MTVMG2 song ever!

Started by DJ Omnimaga, June 21, 2008, 06:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Ok tonight I decided to give MTVMG2 another try, after getting used to arrow cursor based controls in Music 3000. Personally I prefer Music 3000 ones though XD but MTVMG2 was easier to mess around with. Here is my very first MTVMG2 track ever. I was really inspired by Pillagemyvillage stuff in this trance song, altough I tried to put a bit of my style in it too. I would say the songs it's the closest too is his song called 3 A.M., since it has a kinda repetitive melody. For the strings and one of the bassline (the one that plays even when there's no beat sometimes) I used my two sound channel stereo trick so they are harder. It took me about 7  hours to make. One more hour than the Music 3000 songs two days ago, but it is because my new song is much more complex than the Music 3000 one.

Download DJ Omnimaga - Ice.mp3 below (external link since the song is too big):

http://omnimaga.org/Our%20Own%20Work/DJ%20Omnimaga%20-%20Ice.mp3

pillagemyvillage

cool mtvmg2! great news, im intrigued...
nice im hearing lots of space! i think thats what maybe alot of tracks sometimes miss...
wow lovin the pace... banging...
i can def hear your influence... always uplifting... great string work...
why on earth dont you use mtvmg2 more often!!? this sounds excellent!
lovin the breakdown!
im impressed... i want to hear more! sounds very pro... maybe even the sounds are better than music2000? what do you think? i reckon if you made angel in the star on mtvmg2 it would sound awesome...
lovin this tune!!!

DJ_Omnimaga

thanks a lot :), I actually like a  lot MTVMG2 for trance samples. Unfortuantely doing a track such as Angel In The Stars wouldn't change much though, aside from implementing my stereo trick in it, which i discovered after making the tune. There aren't much new samples I could use for hardcore, except maybe some different sound effects and sound reverb effects alerady have space on Music 2000 (EJTTG 2008 uses Space at 40%). This one used it at 20% though. I will probably set it to 40 for most other trance tracks. HOwever for trance I think this might be the best, because of the awesome bass sample I can use for the main bassline. It sounds so awesome with the stereo trick (except on Youtube) :)

147 crew

Nice tune, sounds very happy. The beat sounds and feels great!!

.:DJ Droppin:.

I'm liking this a lot. Great vibe sound and flow to everything. All the sounds as they pan from left to right have good definition to them. Everything almost sounds like there is just a touch of reverb/echo to them making it sounds very clean and pro.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Fear 2 StopĀ®

Very cool, dude. What did you use for the synth bass sound? That was pretty wicked cool.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DarkBliss

Top job Omni, very uplifting and proffessional sounding.  ;D
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

Quote from: Fear 2 Stop on June 30, 2008, 05:41:07 PM
Very cool, dude. What did you use for the synth bass sound? That was pretty wicked cool.
for the main bassline I used Dark Bass at 44 KHz and the other bassline Short Gate. I think I messed around with note offset and volume enveloppe for the first one though.

Thanks guys ^^

quade77

for a first tune ever this is awesome, love the bass, real drive to it, nice beats man, not my style but with that said i till like this tune a lot dude,  got some nice melody's  in there man and like the use of starwoosh  ;D at least i think its called starwoosh lol

DJ_Omnimaga

thanks. I'm unsure anymore about the sample but this one has some inspiration from Pillage stuff (except the melody), especially the basslines and drum loops, as well as how the song flows
edit: fixed messed up sentence

quade77

yeah i could see the pillage inspiration in the bass, good job dude, do you still make tunes? when was the last one you made?

DJ_Omnimaga

Unfortunately i havent got much inspiration in the past month so i havent done any dance tune since christmas (my last tune being a happy hardcore christmas remix of my Dreamland song) and the last tune I made was in January and it's a rickroll remix (altough not a dance one)