Playback

Started by 147 crew, August 15, 2008, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

147 crew

Just noticed something when listening to my mp3 on VLC media player, go to audio and you can select different sound. Like- Full Bass/Treble, Rock, Pop etc

when I selected Headphones it sounded much better. Maybe you guys already know this. If so, why didn't you share? If not, then try it..The percussion in my tune Stalker sounded great, real Dnb hats..BASS was fantastic  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

Well in my case no matter if I selected headphones or speakers it still sounded the same. However in my sound card I have some settings to add reverb and stuff. It sounds cool sometimes, altough I generally listen to the songs as they were originally made

Not a Number

Alas, iTunes has no EQ settings (at least, none I'm aware of).

But I always use the Rock settings on my iPod. Shame there's no custom function on the iPod's EQ (G2 nano); I like me a bit of bass, amirite?

147 crew

I don't have i-tunes or i-pod...the main volume control on the pc doesn't have any decent settings but the VLC player sounded GREAT when I was fiddling..maybe its just me then?

pillagemyvillage

what does VLC stand for?

Not a Number

VLC Media Player: Like Winamp / Windows Media Player / iTunes, but it's also meant to be compatible with every video format ever made.

Don't use it myself, though.

zapphnath

VLC - the Video Lan Client - is a great little app for playing video files.  It's freely available and you can get a version that runs directly from the executable - it doesn't even install anything - and it comes with most of the codecs you'll ever need, built in.  It'll play almost anything you throw at it.

It does have some decent audio EQ settings, but it also has some video filters (color saturation, contrast, etc.) that can make poor videos look better.

There's a free version of Jet Audio Basic that has good built-in audio EQ settings that sound pretty good.  Also, it seems to cache the files, instead of just playing them directly from the hard drive, which results in almost no skipping.  I can load in a 2-hour podcast and it'll play all the way through where most other players I've tried tend to skip, after a while.