Trancing Through The 8-Bit Lands (Music 2002 Club Edition song)

Started by DJ Omnimaga, November 13, 2008, 09:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Here's a new track from me. It is my first being created using Music 2002 Club Edition for the PC. I don't plan to use this program anytime soon again since it's very annoying to use (it's the same thing than Music 2000 PC but with 4800 new samples from Music 3000 on PS2 and different interface) compared to the good old version of Music 2000 and MTVMG2 but I wanted to create at least one song with it so this is what it gave.

All samples are from Music 2002, except for the NES sound that plays with the bass and sometimes when the bass string pad plays. It took me about 15 hours to make this track, I'm sure in Music 2000 PS1 i could have created something better in 3-4 hours. Because in both PC versions of Music 2000 the reverb effects are mono instead of stereo, like in the PS1 version, I had to use a lot of imagination to achieve decent sound and still be able to keep the deepness sound of trance. I didn't used my original stereo trick of having the left channel offset higher than the right channel, but most of the time I played the left channel at a different octave or played some sounds in the right channel while others plays in the left one. In some cases I used a different sound sample per channel. At one point there's 35+ channels being used at once (both PC versions of Music 2000 has 99). I ended up with a song similar to Grooving To The Melody and Welcome Back In 1995 but with an harder sound and some Commodore 64/Nintendo Entertainment System/Sega Master System-style sounds. I hope you enjoy :)

DarkBliss

Hey Omni, it`s very interesting to hear a song made with Music 2002, I didn`t even know a 2002 edition existed til I read about it on here!

Anyway, this song is excellent as always, I think the lack of reverb adds to the 8bit feel, slightly different to your other stuff I think.

Brilliant mate.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

DJ_Omnimaga

Thanks, actually you can have a quick overview of how Music 2002 looks like on youtube:

I didn't went through the menus but the menus looks exactly like the Music 2000 for PC, just with different colors, altough still quite similar

crimzon doom

as always this is an awesome track with such a pro sound :D...10/10 man keep it coming!!
\\\\\\\"citius altius fortius\\\\\\\"

Beoulve

Totally pro stuff Omni. Fantastic strings. I also love the melody and the slight retro feel.