This is your mind on 'Colourful Wavey Backgrounds'

Started by J-MACHine, April 15, 2010, 03:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Just proving to you all that i'm not dead, just busy, here's some music i've done for Mother 3.5
Don't forget to check out the game's forum, here; http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Games/Morther-3-5/page/12#post1543442

This one is just... Weird. Intentionally so, though. I was going for something that was supposed to reflect the strageness of some of the planned enemies in the game. And damn anyone that says i can't pull off anything trippy yet catchy.
Yes, i'm aware i have a thing for splicing in voice clips and making them sound unintelligable. 8D

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Fear 2 Stop®

First of all...I *love* the title. I love this intro...this makes me think of a boss fight in Xenosaga. I *love* the voice samples. We too have the same habit of distorting the hell out of vocal samples. Very creative, yet equally catchy. Dude, what sample did you use to play the melody at about 1:43? That was cooler than shit.

Great work dude....this is a keeper!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

Ha, i was hoping that one of my "trademark" "weird" titles would go down well with someone *other* then me.
Believe it or not, this isn't acctually the most advanced thing i've done with Vocal samples, distorting them into a nonsensical mess, trying to string them together to make something cohesive, or otherwise. No, the song that takes the cake in that respect is something i did for an original work, where i took a bunch of the 'Scat' samples under Cachi's list of vocals and strung them together to make an acctual tune out of them.
And believe it or not, i think the Melody you're refering to might be either the strange-sounding bassline i used throughout the piece, which was a mixture of the Moogy bass sample and Majestic softsynth sample (i often mix the two together, they make a really interesting, and downright strange sound when fused together). Unless you mean the sample that ends around about the time you mentioned, which sounds like it must be the Overblow sample, which you can find in the Accoustic Melody section of M2K's library.

If you enjoy delightfully strange stuff, then i suggest taking a look at Between Life and Death if you haven't already. That one acctually uses some outside samples as well, including an interesting sound effect i grabbed from a site that went under the name 'ghostly kids' or something along those lines (which, sadly, isn't very clearly heard in this song; keep an eye open in the down-tempo section for a track where it can be obviously heard), and a lo-fi vocal effect i applied mass amount of pitch-shifting too.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™