Knowlesy00 ~ Oceanviews {Score/Ambient-ish}

Started by Қлөщłєşү[¤¤], March 09, 2011, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I wrote this last night and I took some time with the strings and the melody's trying to get what I had in my head into the game and I think I got it pretty much how I imagined.
If I was to compare to other tracks I've down I'd say its like a big mash up of Stargazer - Dawn and hint of Echoes.

Thank that covers it. Enough jibba jabba.

DJ Eddy

Very good quality at the off m8.
Amazing strings..sort of making me a bit sad lol..oh hang on wait the break-beat is cheering me up again lol.
Always love ur music mate.
Cheers again..

Oh and if ur up for doing a track 2gether or just giving me 1 of ur songs to remix im really up for it.

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Oh my fucking days this is quite something else! Stunning! Particularly when the drums kick in, and the violin...all the melodies together ... wow this is special. In the same leagues as those theme/scores that are used in REALLY classic scenes of emotional upliftment in films/tv programs... this is emotionally profound! I want to compare it to the likes of...Sigur Ros maybe? That is what comes into my mind when I hear it!

My only negative criitque would be that the double-speed drums, for me, spoil it a bit by sounding too cliche-DnB. The slower drums inject a much more authentic and epic feel to it.

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I'm not really sure where to start here guys , but firstly to both thanks for the comments always.

Eddy - Thanks yet again :) happy you liked it and I'd been up for doin a colab or letting remix anythin u wish , if its a remix
           I'll pull up the chosen track and re-create on the pc an send it.

Rikki - Thank you Rikki , I'm glad it had the desired effect. The compliments were going off the scale by the sentence that when I saw the comparison to Sigur Ros I had to make sure my head did'n't explode from sheer joy...pretty much with this that is the sound I was looking for...so thank you. :)
I can see where your coming from with outro where I change up the beat , at the time I was going for a sort of David Gray " Please Forgive Me " ending kind of thing...but the more I listen the more I should have kept to the big slow reverb-y beat I had.

Thanks again guys.

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

UPDATE :

I've added an edited version with a different ending without the DnB beat...more I listened to it the more I realised it just didn't seem to slot in as much as I'd like...hopefully this edited ending does.
Let me know.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

yet another track dat goes down in my list of favs.  gotta luv dat ambient sound to it.  me personally, that dnb part is amazing...even tho it changes da mood, it still fits perfectly.  great track knowles.