Rage Without Reason [SYNTHPOP, GAME]

Started by J-MACHine, February 08, 2011, 05:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Struggled with this track for a while, in that i had the Chorus melody and all of the chords sorted out, but no melody for the verse. Managed to nail it today, though. All in all i reckon the tracks taken about 4 or 5 hours spread over about a month or so, counting the two hours of final additions, touch ups, volume mixing and whatnot. I reckon this features one of the best basslines I've thrown together in a while, the tune being played both using a meaty synthpop sounding sample mix, and a more acid-styled one, bouncing between the two and playing at the same time occasionally, backed by some dreamy synths and drums that alternate/mix between a "real" drumkit with some Tam/Hat licks and a Digital-Drum-Esque type beat.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

dis is some pro shit j.  im luvin dat groovy tune in the background, and those melodies with da synth and bass are killer.  keep it up bro...dis track is sick

J-MACHine

Cheers, ZoDiaC, glad you liked the bassline!

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Just reading your discription and waiting for the song to load...should be a treat.

Here. We. Go...
In with hi-hats and strings...a VERY meaty bass and a pause. Love the guitar ...a real guitar funk/rock sound to it , Hendrix on the intro of voodoo chile. Here comes a the drums...I'm loving that bass line with the effect on it and the synths n strings it just gives it some kind of new age funk rock sound it.
Brilliant change up at 1:56...as a bassist I LOVE 2:25 its like a mini bass solo , an just how how the synth an the guitar compliment the bass...wonderful :)
Alot of groove to this track , brilliant sounding melodies. The change up to the "digi-drum" was a really nice addition.
Well J , done it again...another brilliant track...had he been alive today , this is the music that Hendrix woulda played on Sega Megadrive...an epic image itself.

J-MACHine

Cheers man! Hahaha, glad the bass got you grooving, and that the funky guitar wasn't too out of place in what is predominately a synthpop styled track.