Unknown Truth From The Forbidden Land

Started by DJ Omnimaga, July 09, 2008, 08:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Trancy happy hardcore track. A bit old skool and a bit different too. Made with Music 3000.

pillagemyvillage

cool music 3000...
ah there s the sample quality! that melody is taking the roof off! i take its tecknosaurus?
phew this track is... well i need some sort of glow stick! i can see a big big rave!
doesnt sound like youve had any problem with playback (the reason i no longer use music 3000).

DJ_Omnimaga

Well I had lot of trouble with playback for this track, you have no idea how O.O

For notes being missed I didn,t had this problem really but you know the Mixer Layer thing, right? That thing used to have portions of the song fade in/fade out or just certain channels. Well, sometimes during playback the mixer layer is off, so when you reach a riff that you're not supposed to hear until it starts fading in you hear the first 1/8 second of it at full volume then it go back straight to 0 to fade  to 100 again. I really hate that. I had this happen iN Music 2000 when I had two riff one after each others and one had volume lower than the others. To fix that I had to extend the fade ins/out one bar longer than the riff.

As for the sample it wasn't tecknosaurus, in fact I didn't used tecknosaurus in this song. I used two different samples together which I forgot the name of. IIRC their names were written in all caps. I will check what they were soon. But yeah. these two samples were almost similar and they were made specifically to be played together, one panned to the left and one to the right. They can sound weird though, but what I did was to play each of them at two octaves at once, meaning 4 channels. I love this sample altough it wouldn't be useable for everything.

.:DJ Droppin:.

A lot of energy... ENERGY.... ENERGY

So pro  ;D  You are the master of trance/hardcore
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin