D.I.Y P.I.'s

Started by J-MACHine, December 21, 2009, 03:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

A Track that i did for a laugh, more then anything. It's a "wolud be" peice of BGM for a little series of mine called "Fielding Investigation Unit: Murder Outbreak", which is a mix between a cheesy Detective Series, a Paranormal Investigation series, and some psychological Horror thrown in for good measure.

Stupid title aside, this is my first time tackling 'Modern' Hip Hop, and it came out alright. If sounding slightly like stereorypical 'beach' music at points. If F.I.U where an animated series, this'd probebly be the typical "General Banter/Mindless Chatting" BGM.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

DJ Ryznup

Great beginning, the cool beat and the pad arrangement reminds me of work Yuzo Koshiro did on the first Streets of Rage Soundtrack. Cool Production.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

.:DJ Droppin:.

Listening...

Damn..... nice groove here.. Up to :22 now
I loved that backwards scratch thingy with reverb...
Really pro sounding beat/snare and kick...
2:15... Very chilled.... Nice flow to it.
2:48 things picking up now.

Great production here.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Master Dutch

I wouldn't call this hiphop so much as I would say its kind of like Hip House. Really good work on this. Your configuration is smooth and clean.

J-MACHine

@ DJ Ryznup- Huh, you think so? Well, i apritiate the compliment. ^///^ Thank you!

@ DJ Droppin- Thanks! I can't remember weather or not the scratch sample was acctually reversed or not. The reverb is acctually the drum fill that sometimes plays with the scratching, and uses the same samples that the 'built up' beat towards the end uses.

@ Master Dutch- Eh, perhapes. I was acctually going for something that sounded sort of like 'Modern Hip Hop', but hip house works just as well. Thanks!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™