Firefox 3.0 - A World Record Attempt

Started by Not a Number, June 17, 2008, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

With the new version of Firefox out, Mozilla are aiming to make Firefox the most downloaded software in 24 hours, as there hasn't been an official record set.

With any luck, you might be able to get to the main website to pledge, but in case you don't, here's the official download link.
Firefox 3 release notes

Personally as a Firefox 2.0.0.14 user, from reading at the release notes, there's a lot of new stuff I don't like about version 3. Only a few things actually interest me and I'm actually content with 2.0.0.14 at the moment (aside form that godawful QuickFind bug that's been there since v2.0.0.7). Nonetheless, I felt participating and I saved the install file; I just ain't gonna run it anytime soon.

So, anyone else wish to take part?

DJ_Omnimaga

well i downloaded it and installed it, altough I kinda prefer Opera on this computer since it opens faster in overall.

JincS

I DL'ed it on download day and installed it, but it seems to be quite buggy in comparison to the last version I had (I honestly can't remember the version now). While the GUI has been improved even more, as well as the rendering engines, it seems to crash if you try to open multiple pages at once.

Overall: 7/10 with bugs, 9/10 if they get fixed :)

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah same for me. It is the same for Opera 9.5 though. Quicktime doesn't work and on a site I visit when I click the fast reply box on the forums it leads to the cafepress.com shop. I still prefer Opera though