Revolution: In SPACE

Started by J-MACHine, August 21, 2009, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Another old track that's been beefed up slightly. Mostly mucked around with the beat, fixed a few things here and there, and cut down the length. If you can believe it.

I originally counted this as electronica with rock elements, but i decided it was better the other way around. I'd say it could be passed off as "prog rock", but i think the guitars are a might to heavy for it. Unsuprisingly, the song was somewhat inspired by space, and is indeed being used in a space-themed level in something i'm working on.

I don't very often work with Guitars on M2K. Because it's a pain to get them right. But when i do occasionally work with them, i won't lie and say i do hundreads of different riffs or anything. I try to create basic patterns that will loop without driving you TOO mad.

And yes, there are two sections in there where i attempted drum-solo's. I have no idea weather or not they're appealing to anyone else, but they're far better then the completely random and otherwise terrible solo's i created originally.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

DJ Ryznup

I'm a big fan of spacey sounding music, so I had to check this out.

Nice pads, and beats in this one. I do feel that the guitar loop that comes in at 2:01  is a bit heavy as you say, but still adds nicely to the track, I would just suggest lowering the voume on that loop some. But overall, a great track to relax too.

Great work

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Not a Number

Well, what can I say;l that was, in short, awesome.

And would you believe it, one WIP song of mine starts with the exact same sample... I should really finish it whilst August is still here..

J-MACHine

@ DJ Ryznup- Unfortunetly, this is one of many songs i deleted pretty much stragith after recording, if i remember right, so i can't edit it any further. As for why i deleted it, i'm painfully low on memory card space, and given the large ammount of music i need to compose, i usually have to delete reshly recored songs immedietly afterwards. And i did notice the begining of that riff is a tad... screechy. All i can say to that is "whoops, my fuckup". I'm more then happy you enjoyed it regardless!

@ Not a Number- Awesome? I'd say that was a bit of a stretch, Hahaha! Thanks, though. I apritiate it!
Yeah, i tend to use the Vinyl scratches a fair bit myself. i try and make my use of them more 'discreate' then i used to, though.

Fear 2 Stop®

Will check this out as soon as I get home from work...sounds interesting.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

Hopefully it was as interesting as you'd expected, Fear 2 Stop.

.:DJ Droppin:.

I like the beginning drums, and melody... Guitar slowly bleeding in at :45

Real chilled so far.
Up to 2:02.... Oh nice guitar solo/riff....

Nice drum fill at 3:00
3:01 back to original melody/beat.

Nice job.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin